Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
Both of them just analyze poll results. The concerns people have cannot be addressed by them because the concerns are about the data they are analyzing (and its accuracy) not their actual analyses. They both start with the assumption that the polls are showing them the actual electorate.

The fact is, with early voting expansion, cell phones, Caller ID, an extra partisan electorate, and more polling being done by more pollsters with more methodologies, it is not a given that these polls can be relied on to the extent they are being relied on.

That said, the extra poll numbers combined with averaging them should even out the anomalous, bad apples, but it wouldn't catch a systematic failure/asumption that exists throughout the majority of the polls. Obviously, whether there is a systematic failure is clearly up for debate, and the burden of proof is on those claiming there is, and as of yet I have not heard great evidence, though I have heard some compelling speculation. We won't know until Tuesday.
Best breakdown I've read by far about the analysis of the polls.

On Polling Models, Skewed & Unskewed