Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The African American vote
    For some reason I just have this feeling they aren't showing up like they did in 2008. And yes its a small number, but I am starting to see a growing faction of Black Conservatives out there.

Make no mistake, Obama carries 85%. But the actual number of voters I think will be less.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: OBY: They're coming on strong

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    For some reason I just have this feeling they aren't showing up like they did in 2008. And yes its a small number, but I am starting to see a growing faction of Black Conservatives out there.

Make no mistake, Obama carries 85%. But the actual number of voters I think will be less.
    I dont see it, at least the part about blacks not voting.

Yes, conservatism is growing within the black community, but it's not getting into the inner cities one bit.

Blog Entries

The African American vote
    I was thinking along the lines of what groups he lost support with. Do you mean he's lost support with them?

I haven't really seen it in polling. While I can't say for sure if he has, I damn sure don't think he's gained any.

I do think his support of gay marriage has lost him some, and also I think the turnout won't be as high, as the novelty has worn off.

Blog Entries

Exactly Sting.

I posted a link months ago from a black analyst that OBY is taking the black vote for granted. He said W beat Kerry by picking up black votes by 8% in Ohio which was crucial to his win and don't forget, blacks have the highest un-employment rate in the country well into double digits. Many won't vote for him or at all.

And besides, as mentioned OBY has already lot the indies and undecides so the black vote won't mean as much as it did in

OBY is also losing the youth vote. Dade discussed this in another thread where 08 was the first election they turned out
    in mass that we remembered. All those cats are graduated and un-employed. You can find many of them in NY with OWS which is hurting OBYs election chances.

And Mitt has even closed the gender gap with this DEM poll
    dated in May.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...gap-with-obama

Blog Entries

In other news, this Akin fucker has got to go.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ouri_president

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In other news, this Akin fucker has got to go.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ouri_president
    Agreed.

Any fool who actually believes women cannot get pregnant after being raped is a waste of oxygen, let alone worthy of being a politician in this country.

Blog Entries

Agreed.

Any fool who actually believes women cannot get pregnant after being raped is a waste of oxygen, let alone worthy of being a politician in this country.
    Do you think he'll drop out? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Do you think he'll drop out? I don't.
    Well, he's certainly talking a big game right now. Let's see how much bluster this fool has when he realizes he has no more cash pouring in.

Blog Entries

Well, he's certainly talking a big game right now. Let's see how much bluster this fool has when he realizes he has no more cash pouring in.
    I don't think it matters to him.

In his mind, he's put in a lot of time and effort to become the nominee and literally one thing should not override that. But guess what it does, and it could ultimately affect who wine the White House.

Obviously Mitt can win without Missouri but it makes it A LOT tougher.

Blog Entries

Sorry OBY, this isn't 2008.

Sorry Obama, this isn't 2008: Times have changed, says Jay Small-Newton in Time, and Obama can no longer count on his black supporters. African-American voters did not "answer Obama's calls" in key races last year, nor did they in the 2010 primaries. And the black population of the U.S. has been battered by the economic turndown, which will further sap enthusiasm. The "potential is there" for a large turnout, "but it's not looking likely."
    "Can the black vote pull it out for Obama this time?"

Black voters can't match the Tea Party: Black voters still like Obama, says Clarence Page in the Chicago Tribune, but it won't make a difference this year. The votes of the "Tea Party right" will matter more than those of their "ideological and demographic opposite," the "African-American left." But maybe that isn't a bad thing. If the GOP shares the "burden of governing — and the blame," — it may improve Obama's chances in 2012.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    If true... this is VERY bad news for BHO

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/doc...ll_MI_0826.pdf
    By race, Obama led 92%-5% with African-Americans in our last poll. Now, the lead is 73%-26%. Romney’s lead with white voters was 7% (50%-43%) ten days ago, now it is just 3% (48%-45%). Among all other races, Obama led 48%-42% last time. In this poll, Romney leads 55%-37%.
    “The main argument that Obama supporters will make against the accuracy of this poll is that Obama is only getting 73% of the vote from African-Americans. That fact, however, does not make this poll inaccurate. I agree that eventually, at least 90% of African-Americans will vote for Obama. Obama’s problem now is that he is running behind the party vote among blacks. More than eight-in-ten blacks (84%) self-identify as Democrats. However, just 73% say they are voting for Obama. He is running 11% behind his base party vote. That is not good news. We have surveyed African-Americans that are Democrats. They’re just not voting for Obama in the same manner yet that they did four years ago,” Mitchell said.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Sorry OBY, this isn't 2008.

Sorry Obama, this isn't 2008: Times have changed, says Jay Small-Newton in Time, and Obama can no longer count on his black supporters. African-American voters did not "answer Obama's calls" in key races last year, nor did they in the 2010 primaries. And the black population of the U.S. has been battered by the economic turndown, which will further sap enthusiasm. The "potential is there" for a large turnout, "but it's not looking likely."
    "Can the black vote pull it out for Obama this time?"

Black voters can't match the Tea Party: Black voters still like Obama, says Clarence Page in the Chicago Tribune, but it won't make a difference this year. The votes of the "Tea Party right" will matter more than those of their "ideological and demographic opposite," the "African-American left." But maybe that isn't a bad thing. If the GOP shares the "burden of governing — and the blame," — it may improve Obama's chances in 2012.
    Not with their open racism and intimidation techniques...
    On Monday night’s edition of “The Rachel Maddow Show,” host Rachel Maddow talked about the group True the Vote, and how that group is planning on posting white operatives in black voting precincts on election day to challenge those voters’ authenticity.

The fact that the Republican Party is using suppression of the black vote as part of its 2012 election strategy has become less and less of a secret over the last few months. A disgruntled Florida Republican admitted as much about his party’s aims, and Ohio election officials aren’t even trying to hide the fact that they want fewer African-Americans to vote.

In this climate, the existence of a group like True the Vote should hardly come as a surprise, and yet, the cynicism and naked racism of the group still manages to elicit feelings of surprise and disgust. It was formed in Houston, Texas, an outgrowth of the local Tea Party chapter. Dedicated to fighting the Republicans’ trumped-up “voter fraud” epidemic, the group sends white personnel to minority districts to approach voters at the polls and challenge their right to cast a ballot.

The group had its first test run in its home district of Houston in 2010. ”True the Vote appears to have targeted mostly black precincts, sending white challengers to stare down voting booths filled with black voters,” Maddow said. ”There were so many reports of an intimidating atmosphere in Houston that election that the Federal Justice Department sent observers in on election day.”

True the Vote’s shadowy backers have injected a massive infusion of cash into the organization’s coffers, which will enable them to station “a million” poll watchers at every district they deem questionable in the country. They have held seminars in Colorado, Florida and Ohio, all hotly contested swing states.

In Ohio, the practice has its origins in the 1800s, when precinct captains were charged with the duty of challenging any person who showed up to vote and appeared to have a “distinct and visible admixture of African blood.” The voter would then be subject to a barrage of questions about their heritage and background with the aim of intimidating them to the point that they would leave rather than face this type of harassment.

The same laws are being taken advantage of today by True the Vote to the very same end, silencing the voice of the black electorate. Ohio’s Secretary of State, John Husted was scheduled to speak at True the Vote’s Ohio summit on Saturday, but backed out when Maddow and producers contacted his office about the group. Maddow invited Husted to come on the show and explain his connection to the group, but as of last week, the Secretary’s office stopped answering and returning calls from the “Maddow Show.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!