Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Clark only hates the Ravens twice a year

Ahh the good old days of Jamal Lewis beating up their linebackers, and rubbing it in their faces every time he ran their ass over. That's the thing with Rice, as good as he is, he isn't a mean nasty RB who wants to hurt other players like Jamal did.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    You know what... he is right. The Ravens shouldnt give Gatorade baths after regular season victories over the Steelers. Sure the fistpumping or screams are gonna be a little stronger with a Steeler win, but these over the top victory celebrations like Baths should be saved for the ultimate goal... A SB win.
    Fuck the Steelers.

This is the same team in 2007 that celebrated like they won the SB with all of their roided up gezzers from yesteryear when they ran up the score on the Ravens in Pittsburgh.

As for the gatorade bath, Tomlin acts like he just shot a load whenever the Steelers rush for three yards against the Ravens and damn near does a back flip when they score.

Ryan Clark along with the rest of his over the hill defense is realizing that they can't stop Ray and Joe and the more they talk the more futile it is to think they can still stay with the Ravens.

Next off season he won't be able to say shit after the Ravens win their second Lombardi.

Eat a dick Ryan and remember to stay classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Fuck the Steelers.

This is the same team in 2007 that celebrated like they won the SB with all of their roided up gezzers from yesteryear when they ran up the score on the Ravens in Pittsburgh.

As for the gatorade bath, Tomlin acts like he just shot a load whenever the Steelers rush for three yards against the Ravens and damn near does a back flip when they score.

Ryan Clark along with the rest of his over the hill defense is realizing that they can't stop Ray and Joe and the more they talk the more futile it is to think they can still stay with the Ravens.

Next off season he won't be able to say shit after the Ravens win their second Lombardi.

Eat a dick Ryan and remember to stay classy.
    Well Said

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    My comment were in response to Captain Silver's comments. I just didn't quote him.

Anyway I razz Steeler fans all year long, especially at work, so I'm doing my part bro.
    Fight the power. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Tomlin show emotion? You guys have been smoking. Harbaugh and Tomlin are extreme opposites. Ravens accusing Tomlin of overreacting? That is silly! Not that showing emotion is bad, it can be good. So can keeping one's calm. Sometimes I wish Tomlin would show some emotion. Harbaugh looks like he wants to explode half of the time.

Nothing wrong with celebrating a well earned victory by either team. But some fans acts like the other is fan base is dirty while the other says the same. Players from both teams have their moments. For one stupid thing done by one by a player on one team there are two others that can be pointed out by the other.

I still don't understand the Steelers are "old" argument. I don't know there average age, but I bet it is not much older if at all than the Ravens. They were "old" last year and look how far they went. And, they had a top ranked defense. Just think if they were just a little younger - they could have done even better.

No matter what happens on the field some fans will accuse the other team of starting it all. Human nature I guess.

There were some very accurate comments regarding how the players don't hate each other for the most part. That is true. Fans hate each other by far more than the players do. After, we have more to lose, no?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    You know what... he is right. The Ravens shouldnt give Gatorade baths after regular season victories over the Steelers. Sure the fistpumping or screams are gonna be a little stronger with a Steeler win, but these over the top victory celebrations like Baths should be saved for the ultimate goal... A SB win.
    I would agree if it was something they did only when they beat the Steelers but its not. Harbaugh has been doing gatorade showers for his players and coaches since he came here. In 2008, I can remember atleast 3 different gatorade baths that went to three different people. It's really not that serious. IMO, the Steelers are just a bunch of whiny bitches and the heart of their issues isnt that the Ravens did gatorade showers, its that they got their assess whooped by the team that they spent all offseason claiming they owned and thumping their chests at. They were embarrassed, plain and simple. And now they want to fake humility and act like the Ravens did something wrong for embarrassing them. Trust me. The Ravens could have all walked right off the field after that game and the Steelers and their fans would still be bitching,

yay logo loyalty!!! fuck the steelers!!! :grbac:

am i the only ravens fan who appreciates the steelers organization? they are basically the ravens organization with a longer tradition of winning and playing the style of football the ravens play...

the only thing i dislike about pittsburgh is their droves of clueless/fairweather fans who have "been a fan since the 70's" and brag about 6 rings, yet only watch a handful of regular season games....but the ravens have picked up their fair share of bandwagon fans since 08

if ryan clark played on the ravens everyone would love him...but he wears a different logo on his helmet so he's an asshole.....makes so much sense...

Blog Entries

Speaking for myself, I'm like Clark: I only hate the Steelers twice a year.

Once for five months, and once for seven months.

Although I basically agree with this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    they are basically the ravens organization with a longer tradition of winning and playing the style of football the ravens play...
    Of course, it took 'em something like 40 years & a whole shitpile of better-playing-through-chemistry crap to stumble their way into that "tradition of winning".

And I definitely agree (mutatis mutandis) with this:
    the main thing i dislike about pittsburgh is their droves of clueless/fairweather fans who have "been a fan since the 70's" and brag about 6 rings, yet only watch a handful of regular season games....
    Some of my favorite relatives are bred-in-the-bone Yankees (ptui!) fans, but they live in Nort Joyzee, so they get a pass--it's their hometown team. Likewise, I have no problem with the yinzers supporting theirs. (I have a problem with their general lack of couth, weight control or personal hygiene :p, but that's another thread...)

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Tomlin show emotion? You guys have been smoking. Harbaugh and Tomlin are extreme opposites. Ravens accusing Tomlin of overreacting? That is silly! Not that showing emotion is bad, it can be good. So can keeping one's calm. Sometimes I wish Tomlin would show some emotion. Harbaugh looks like he wants to explode half of the time.
    I don't know if you get a chance to watch Steeler games but Tomlin is emotional and often does a lot of fist pumping, yelling and cheering like a fan after a big hit or play. Harbaugh does very little of that unless its after a TD. If you are referring to the gatorade baths, Harbs does it mainly if they win against a team that a coach or player had serious history with (Cam with the Fish, Zorn with the Slurs, Willie with Bengals and he got it for beating his brother). He's also been known to talk a bit or throw a 'jab' at the fans or camera after a big win.

As for the Steelers being old, they were and still are at least on defense. They were the oldest team in the league and after releasing so many players most choose or in the case of Ass Ward were forced to retire. I don't know what else I can say but the truth here.

Hope that helps.

Blog Entries

Ryan Clark is full of shit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    am i the only ravens fan who appreciates the steelers organization? they are basically the ravens organization with a longer tradition of winning and playing the style of football the ravens play...

No way you are the only one man. In the beginning, they were a measure of success that we only hoped to achieve during the dark days.

I remember a quote from I think Sizzle or JJ during the Jets game last year, where he yelled at Rex "YOU MADE THIS AND NOW YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH US". The Steelers can't be mad at our success as they had a hand in this monster we now are.

Granted we haven't yet won the big one in this new era, but we are right there and will be for the forseeable future. We are the sexy version of what they want to be with all of our defensive and now upcoming offensive stars. Arguably because of Flacco, we get a huge jump in TV play on NFL talkshows. I for one have noticed that jump.

All this in under 20 years of existence? The advice in that is, don't poke the lion unless you want to be eaten. Yeah, the hate is between the fans and the feeling are mutual, but I love it.
    Last edited by Stealthbirds80; 08-23-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Yes, I watch Steeler games. A fist pump is hardly over the top. I still say saying Tomlin shows to much emotion is ridiculous. And when he does those things, he does not do them often. I don't care about Gatorade baths. I think I even stated that they were okay, in fact, I think they are great for the team and morale. Harbaugh always seems pissed off. He seems to rip his headset off and jaw at the refs quite often. Way more than other coaches. His brother seems to be the same way. Always pissed off. Not that I care, just an observation.

I wish Tomlin would get pissed more often. Like us regular people, NFL coaches are all different. On the flip side, maybe Harbaugh needs a big hug!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I don't know if you get a chance to watch Steeler games but Tomlin is emotional and often does a lot of fist pumping, yelling and cheering like a fan after a big hit or play. Harbaugh does very little of that unless its after a TD. If you are referring to the gatorade baths, Harbs does it mainly if they win against a team that a coach or player had serious history with (Cam with the Fish, Zorn with the Slurs, Willie with Bengals and he got it for beating his brother). He's also been known to talk a bit or throw a 'jab' at the fans or camera after a big win.

As for the Steelers being old, they were and still are at least on defense. They were the oldest team in the league and after releasing so many players most choose or in the case of Ass Ward were forced to retire. I don't know what else I can say but the truth here.

Hope that helps.