Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens Rainey destined for practice squad?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Brian Leonard? Seriously? Detroit and their plethora of constantly injured RBs? The New York Jets and their complete lack of explosion at the position? Bill Belichick might drop him, just as quick as he picks him up, but he will pick him up. Jacksonville seems to be dealing with a situation right now.
    Sounds like your doing what Ravor was just talking about lol, dont discredit other peoples backs because you dont watch them. Brian Leonard has always been a good 3rd down back in this league, especially in pass pro and catching out of the backfield. Fact is all those teams you listed have at least 3 backs better then Rainey, at the very least the 3rd back is very comparable talent wise. The Sproles comparison is laughable, he doesnt have near the quickness or lateral agility. Rainey is a good back but honestly he's probably a power back trapped in scat backs body. Also as TL pointed out his pass pro needs work. I think he's gonna be a solid back that could have a decent career as a 3rd RB/KR and possibly a #2 back someday but every team has back's they are excited about, invested draft picks in etc. There will probably be a few backs cut that are better then Rainey and theres backs that havent been picked up that are better then Rainey.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Didn't we draft another Ray Rice clone and lose him -- Cedric Peerman?
    Exactamundo!

By the time Suggs comes back someone will be injured and he will take that slot.

I agree, I like Rainey though, it will make me mad if someone comes in and swoops him up from us.

He looks like he was hurt tonight

Rainey has made this squad.

It speaks volumes that Rainey and Pierce were the only other 2 backs to get time with the first team. Allen and Berry haven't got any PT.

Rainey also seems to be the top backup for returner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Rainey has made this squad.

It speaks volumes that Rainey and Pierce were the only other 2 backs to get time with the first team. Allen and Berry haven't got any PT.

Rainey also seems to be the top backup for returner.
    Yea Rainey will be on the team bc he has been out playing Allen and Berry. Rainey wouldn't make it thru waviers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

This game is telling. Seems the RB corporation is Rice, Piierce, Rainey, and Leach.

Also, WR is Boldin, Smith, Jones, Doss, LQW, Thompson.

Tucker the kicker.

Who wrote this blog? Idiot! :grbac:

I must have been "Living Strong"
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

I think Rainey is definetly on this team. Would Allen still be practice squad eligable? if so I dont think anyone would pick him up and we could stash him on the ps and give him another year to develope