Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Time for some predictions from everyone...

When and How will the pass rush improve, we have exactly 3 weeks till the opener?

I persnally think a lot of the starters are not going 100% at all to avoid injury (except Kruger) and once Upshaw gets the rust off in these 3 weeks there will be a big improvement.

AND

Will the Secondary have their issues of not looking for the ball fixed. They can cover but need to finish the play by when the QB throws it into their coverage make the INT or bat the ball away.

I feel this is something that can be fixed by coaching because its not like they are getting beat its just knowing to look for the ball and when to play man. Also, we dont play many top QB AND top WR combos this year. The only one I can think of is Houston but we have played them well.

Re: Time for some predictions from everyone...

It won't happen until 1st game.
    The thing is, the Ravens will play many top quarterbacks.
    But Detroit didn't move the ball until the interior of the 1st defense was pulled out.
    Then our corners didn't have help over the top and it showed.
    This is an 11 player defense that depends on everyone doing their job every play.
    Pees is a good coach. I believe he will get the best out of these guys.
    Give them a chance. This team, I think is more talented than last years team.
    Suggs is a big loss, but we have the talent to make another run at the playoffs.
    And maybe Suggs is back at 100% by then.
    We certainly are deep in some positions we have not had quality depth in for years.
    Give them a chance first.
    As much as we hoped last season, no one saw us blowing out the Steelers opening day after looking at our preseason.

From September 10th thru the 27th, we shall see what we have and what we don't.

But if you want a prediction...

Game one: the gloves come off. It will be a great game against a real up and coming contender which were in the playoffs last year and will probably come right down to the last minute.

Blog Entries

I also think the Ravens are very much in preseason mode. They are not showing much of anything on defense. Just looks like a bunch of generic basic stuff. The pass rush will improve as the scheme improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I also think the Ravens are very much in preseason mode. They are not showing much of anything on defense. Just looks like a bunch of generic basic stuff. The pass rush will improve as the scheme improves.
    This. They've been playing a very base defense with little blitzes.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Haven't really seen the whole D yet. Without the two TE and Smith it's like Lions playing without Calvin. Let's see the real deal then ask for cards. To soon to tell. According to OZ more depth means better. We'll see but should stay positive.

My prediction...?

PAIN!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I think we saw a glimpse of the real defense ONE time during that Lions game.

Think back to a play that was actually unremarkable because there was a run for a short gain.

However, in this play we saw one or two down linemen and the rest of the defense walking around the line.

This strange formation caused Stafford to audible to a run because he actually got spooked out of a pass play.

The defense actually changed to a basic run defense after that with McClain and Ellerbe waving their hands to call off whatever the heck that defense was.

It sooo reminded me of a Rex Ryan scheme and it was ridiculously menacing/cool looking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I think we saw a glimpse of the real defense ONE time during that Lions game.

Think back to a play that was actually unremarkable because there was a run for a short gain.

However, in this play we saw one or two down linemen and the rest of the defense walking around the line.

This strange formation caused Stafford to audible to a run because he actually got spooked out of a pass play.

The defense actually changed to a basic run defense after that with McClain and Ellerbe waving their hands to call off whatever the heck that defense was.

It sooo reminded me of a Rex Ryan scheme and it was ridiculously menacing/cool looking.

Would look even more bad ass with Suggs out there :(.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

:grbac: Dont remind me :(.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hopefully for the late season push and the playoffs.

This defense has a lot of talent on it, even without Suggs. Looks like Kemo could be a solid addition/comeback. The only two drives the starters all played, we stopped the Lions cold.

Our offense is missing a lot of pieces, especially our TE's. Even without them, they moved the ball pretty easily, and would have scored if not for some dropped passes and a dumb penalty by Oher. Flacco looks sharp and in total command. My biggest concern is the run blocking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    :word

Anyone who thinks we are going to see exotic blitz packages and a lot of blitz schemes during pre-season is going to be disappointed. This is about evaluating fringe players and getting through August without any major injuries.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.