Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ryan Clark only hates the Ravens twice a year

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...tory?track=rss

. “I was working out with Terrell Suggs this summer before his injury and he’s a really cool dude. He said it himself that people don’t understand that we only hate you two or three weeks out of the year.
    I have an idle hate for them when we don't play them but a very active one when we do :D
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 08-22-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan Clark only hates the Ravens twice a year

I read that too. In the end, people forget that even though they compete, they all work for the same company essentially. There are people I like and people I don't like at work, same in the NFL.

If anything fans get carried away with the "hate". I mean, I hate the Steelers, but would never stoop to the shit I hear happen at stadiums around the NFL when you wear another teams colors.

Cool.
    Is Ryan Clark still in the NFL?
    Good for him!

Blog Entries

I noticed the little bad-door jab he took about the gatorade bath and the championships.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Yeah fans should be the same about this rivalry, but their not.

And who I really don't like now that Hines is retired is Woodley. My new #1 hated up there in "yinzburgh". He rubbed me the wrong way with his comments about Joe before last season. Ironically since Joe destroyed them twice last year, you haven't heard a peep from the turd.

That being said, I hope that Upshaw can become like him in playstyle. They remind me of each other in size and ability IMO.
    Last edited by Stealthbirds80; 08-22-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Yeah fans should be the same about this rivalry, but their not.
    I couldn't disagree more.

For the players it's personal. These are the guys in the trenches with them. Tomorrow they may be teammates; they are all brothers-in-arms.

For the fans it's all about the uniforms. Players and coaches and sometimes owners come and go from my team and from theirs, but it doesn't matter (much) to me. I'm still here, and the colors of my team are purple and black, and the colors of our division rival, a team that's pissed me off over and over, is piss yellow and black.

Hell with the Steelers. Fifty two weeks a year, hell with the Steelers.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I'm so sick of hearing about Ryan Clark. I swear he gets more media attention than Ed Reed, solely because he plays for one of the media's favorite teams (the guy wasn't good enough for the Redskins for crying out loud...now he's a pro bowler? Meanwhile, Chris Hope was a "pro bowler" with the Steelers, he goes to the Titans and we never hear about him again...Because like Clark, he was all media hype because he played for the Steelers).

He always says he doesn't care about the Ravens, that the hatred is one-sided...while simultaneously constantly talking about the Ravens! Remember last offseason when he talked about the Ravens saying that they were "bridesmaids?" And then after the week one beatdown he's crying about how the Ravens celebrated too much and the Steelers wouldn't forget it when they played again? And now he's talking about them again?

Meanwhile, Mike Tomlin literally spent the next 5 postgame press conferences after week 1 mentioning how upset he still was about his team got embarrassed by the Ravens. And then of course there was Woodley saying that Flacco wouldn't win a Super Bowl "in his lifetime." What have the Ravens said about the Steelers recently? The Ravens have obviously been MUCH more on the Steelers' minds the last year and a half than the Steelers have been on the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I couldn't disagree more.

For the players it's personal. These are the guys in the trenches with them. Tomorrow they may be teammates; they are all brothers-in-arms.

For the fans it's all about the uniforms. Players and coaches and sometimes owners come and go from my team and from theirs, but it doesn't matter (much) to me. I'm still here, and the colors of my team are purple and black, and the colors of our division rival, a team that's pissed me off over and over, is piss yellow and black.

Hell with the Steelers. Fifty two weeks a year, hell with the Steelers.
    My comment were in response to Captain Silver's comments. I just didn't quote him.

Anyway I razz Steeler fans all year long, especially at work, so I'm doing my part bro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I noticed the little bad-door jab he took about the gatorade bath and the championships.
    You know what... he is right. The Ravens shouldnt give Gatorade baths after regular season victories over the Steelers. Sure the fistpumping or screams are gonna be a little stronger with a Steeler win, but these over the top victory celebrations like Baths should be saved for the ultimate goal... A SB win.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    You know what... he is right. The Ravens shouldnt give Gatorade baths after regular season victories over the Steelers. Sure the fistpumping or screams are gonna be a little stronger with a Steeler win, but these over the top victory celebrations like Baths should be saved for the ultimate goal... A SB win.
    I disagree. I would much rather see my team showing a lot of emotion after a hard fought win. They work their tails off all wek for one goal. To beat the team that they are facing. This is the NFL. Every game is imoportant. Especially division games. The Steelers have been our toughest division rivals for years. You are not going to beat the steelers or most teams in the NFL without building up a enormous amount of emotion. You have to play this game with heart and emotion. Thus, at the end of the game if they as a team choose to release that emotion by dumping gatoraid on their coach then I say more power to them. I know as a fan how elated I was with the wins over the Steelers both times last year. I was going crazy after the win in Pittsburgh. LOL I think I would have dumped a gatoraid bucket on the bouncer at the bar I was at if I had one. All I am saying is, remember how happy and excited you were and we did not even play in the game. Both those games were very very important. If Clark doesnt like how we celebrated I guess he should have played better to win the game.

So.... To hell with Clark and his Steelers !

Blog Entries

Translation: 'You really think that I have been thinking about getting swept by the Ravens all off-season, don't you? I know that's what you're thinking and nothing could be farther from the truth (Eye twitches). It's been the last thing on my mind, even though they piss me off at every turn'.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I seem to remember Tony Siragusa suggesting that Ravens fans should fight incoming Steelers fans. I happen to remember Joey Porter ready to fight in the parking lot. I happen to remember Chris McAlister wanting to kill Hines Ward for the tricks he used on the field (Pulling down McAlister's facemask while the ref couldn't see, to get separation).

Even as recently as last year, I seem to remember a darn near brawl on the field between the two teams, as if Pittsburgh just randomly loses their cool like that. We didn't see a brawl when New England lit them up a few years ago.