Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mike Wallace to Report to Steelers this weekend

Just saw that Wallace will report to the Steelers this weekend.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Re: Mike Wallace to Report to Steelers this weekend

He had to show up as if he sat the season out is value would go down due to being out of football for a year and with other WRs due to hit UFA next year who would have played this year.

I dont think Pit can sign him though as they have NO cap space for the next 2 seasons. The only way it happens is at the expense of other players and a lot of other players. Almost like blowing up the roster. Seems like he will play out his tender hope not to get hurt then get paid V Jackson money. No team is giving him Fitz money and Pit cant afford to pay him another A Brown deal.

Blog Entries

The guy is an idiot. I really hope the Ravens don't go after him next year.

Blog Entries

To think he took serious offense to Webb calling Antonio Brown the better player. Not only is there a strong possibility that its true, Pitt seems to believe it as well,.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    To think he took serious offense to Webb calling Antonio Brown the better player. Not only is there a strong possibility that its true, Pitt seems to believe it as well,.
    He should have sat out to let us see if Webb was right.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Looks like Wallace did a good job at wasting time as he will probably be allowed to walk. I can't see them wrapping their cap up in two high paid WRs with the defense and running game that are beginning to show wear.

The Ravens better not bring him here and not because he is a Steeler, but I just saw things in his game that I don't like. Example being short arming passes over the middle, that is very un-AFC north like.

If he was going to show up just report at the start of camp, now he will start the season rusty and injury prone and cost himself $$$$$ and while he was MIA Brown signed his deal which would have went to Wallace had he been in camp.

There is no way they can sign him to a deal, they are cap strapped beyond belief. Pitt wins here by getting him for cheap then letting him walk since they cant pay him due to them being stupid and overpaying players and restructuring deal after deal.

I dont see the Ravens bringing him here. They will bring in Dwayne Bowe over him. But if Torry has a break out year he will be the #1 and they really dont need another top WR. But with most teams having a #1 and a WR that could be either a #1/2 on other teams it may not be a bad idea to bring in Bowe.

I would love to see Doss or Williams develop into a #2 this year if it is Boldin's last year here.

Blog Entries

Boldin still has two seasons left, I can actually see the Ravens extending him to a 2/3 year deal to lower his cap hit next year though, or possibly cut/trade him for some cap room.

Back on point though, the only reason why Wallace is playing out the season, is because he simply cannot afford to pay the fines he'd have to pay to sit out all the way to week 10 with the money he's currently earning, which isn't much with a first round tender.

Why would you not want him here? Sure he seems a little stupid outside of football, but his actual work ethic when not holding out is good, and he has no off field incidents that would put me off having him in black and purple next season. Our offense would be so much better with him playing along side Torrey Smith, and with Boldin in the slot. However, it wont happen, he is just asking for too much money, which is the only thing that puts me off him.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Why would you not want him here?
    Because he will cost too much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Because he will cost too much.
    Which I said, that is the reason. People here are saying it's because of his attitude or style of play that they don't want him here, which I think is unfair. But like I said, it's not even a question of whether he should be here or not, the facts are we wont be able to afford him anyway.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have Mike Wallace than Jacoby Jones.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

he hasn't had any leverage through this whole thing, his agent should be on the phone asking if he can talk about those fines going away. MJD won't miss a game either for the same reasons.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!