Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is there any possibility that Jacoby Jones is not the third WR come week 1?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Of course they were, but if Jacoby can't make those critical 3rd down catches that hit him right in the hands, then he won't be out on the field for very long.

Last year with Torrey having the dropsies early on they didn't really have much of a choice. Now with LaQuan, Deonte (and hopefully Doss) all vying for playing time they will actually have a choice.
    Hope you're right but I have this feeling that Cam is going to be his usual stubborn self no matter what happens.

Blog Entries

LQ is dropping passes, I think Jones gets it but the big game is still yet to be played. I even think Doss may be ahead of L'Quan

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    LQ is dropping passes, I think Jones gets it but the big game is still yet to be played. I even think Doss may be ahead of L'Quan
    He is but one of them was in good coverage. Im not surprised he dropped that one. I really want to see Doss get some legitimate looks.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He is but one of them was in good coverage. Im not surprised he dropped that one. I really want to see Doss get some legitimate looks.
    He's got to stay healthy first. I like Doss a lot and I also think he'd probably be close to locking that #3 spot up if he was out there but part of being a good NFL player is being able to stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Any?
    If it was up to me Laquan is the 3rd WR.

Why? Because he is better.

Blog Entries

This just gets on my nerves. Jones was brought in to be the third WR. You knew it, I knew it, our unborn descendants knew it. Yet, they tried to talk us into this idea that Jones was only brought in to return kicks.

Just when I thought that Jones had the spot locked up, LaQuan starts coming on. Then, LaQuan lets two go in the preseason game that would have really helped his cause. Meanwhile, Doss is just getting back to practicing.

I just knew it and I don't want him.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Every WR drops passes, give him time. He WILL make plays that we could not make last year and even open up more routes for other WRs that we did not have last year but yes he will drop some balls. Keep in mind its not like he is getting paid $$$$$$.

He will do great on the reverse as well as the deep ball. Like I said before, he has 3 weeks and will drop balls but also catch many more and help open things up in the middle of the field. Thats what having 2 deep threats does.

I'm glad someone else brought this up.

I haven't seen anything from Jones in two games that makes me think he deserves to make the 53 man roster, let alone third WR. I'm not sure what his cap number is, but right now I'd keep Williams, Doss, Streeter and Deonte. Jones is older and making a ton more money than those guys and we need to worry about RB depth.

Jones might be a good return man, but from what I've seen so far we have better options.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Lol, I think it's way over the top to say that "Jones hasn't shown that he belongs on this roster". Are you forgetting about that end around play he made? #3 receiver is one thing, not making the roster is another.

Blog Entries

The "critical third down catches" should be going to the man who's everywhere you need him to be...except when he broke his hand.

Pitta is the best option on third down.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The "critical third down catches" should be going to the man who's everywhere you need him to be...except when he broke his hand.

Pitta is the best option on third down.
    I agree.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Laquan really has been impressive, and i really doubted wed see much improvement from him this year. I was really wrong. hes definitely been our most improved and considering hands, id say hes the better option right now. considering Jones ran a 4.5 40 and laquan ran a 4.55 is there really anything he doesnt offer to the offense that Jones does?
    -JAB