Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Re: Is there any possibility that Jacoby Jones is not the third WR come week 1?

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Neither Evans nor Housh were considered "scrubs" when the Ravens signed them. I doubt many around the NFL consider Jones to be a scrub either.

Nor, do I think many FO's around the NFL base their decisions on such small sample sizes as a couple of PS games and decide that a late round pick and/or a UDFA are better than a veteran who has had success in the NFL.

LaQuan had a huge return last preseaon and looked awful once the regular season began.

Heck, as an UDFA last year, Phillip Livas (then with Miami, later on the Ravens PS) ran one back for a TD last preseason. Some people here felt he should be activated during the playoffs to return kicks. The Ravens cut him in May and he's not even in the NFL now.

People act like a small sample like a few KR's in PS is some indication of future success, when in reality, most of these young guys are not just plug and play.
    Going by what I have seen so far, I believe Jones has a lot more raw speed than anyone we have brought in here, so far.....with Torrey and Jones, as already mentioned, its going to open things up underneath for the TE and Boldin, and make the dump-off game to Rice a big play opportunity. IMO today's football is more a territorial more than a strategic game, and speed is the commodity that spreads out the field. Really, the key is Torrey.....who looks like he has really stepped it up from last season. He will be to Boldin what Fitzgerald was to him in AZ. I have seen the Saints do this with Sproles/Colston/Moore/Graham/Henderson its almost impossible to defend the speed on the outside, the possession WR, the TEs, and the RB too......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

I don't know what sample size you are talking about Ravor, but I've five years of a sample size from Jones that tells me LaQuan and Tandan can't be more inconsistent than him.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Don't believe anything incarceratedbob posts on twitter.
    Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
    **UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: Broncos once again made contact with Jags about #MJD (Offer could be coming from Denver before Thurs) #IBN #RT

Lets see if he's right on this one... lol

**UPDATED NFL NEWS**Source: (Same source that gave me Manning to Broncos 48Hr's before #MSM ESPN had a clue) states Elway gunning for MJD

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: Da Raiders have called the Jets in regards to availability of WR Holmes - (No movement from Jets yet) #IBN
    Last edited by nickh0801; 08-26-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I don't know what sample size you are talking about Ravor, but I've five years of a sample size from Jones that tells me LaQuan and Tandan can't be more inconsistent than him.
    First off, the majority of my post - and the "sample size" comment in particular - was aimed at KRs, not WR play.

That said, LQW and Doss could very easily prove to be more inconsistent. They could also prove to be consistently bad.

Look, the guys is the 3rd WR. By definition, most 3rd WRs are inconsistent, because if they were more consistent, they wouldn't be a 3rd WR, they'd be a #1 or #2 WR.

But, you guys have already got your minds made up, so there's not a lot of sense continuing this. I'm willing to give the guy a chance and see what he can do before declaring him a bus/mistake/whatever.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

First off, the majority of my post - and the "sample size" comment in particular - was aimed at KRs, not WR play.

That said, LQW and Doss could very easily prove to be more inconsistent. They could also prove to be consistently bad.

Look, the guys is the 3rd WR. By definition, most 3rd WRs are inconsistent, because if they were more consistent, they wouldn't be a 3rd WR, they'd be a #1 or #2 WR.

But, you guys have already got your minds made up, so there's not a lot of sense continuing this. I'm willing to give the guy a chance and see what he can do before declaring him a bus/mistake/whatever.
    I can understand you not wanting to waste your energy on this debate, because the truth is that we do have our minds made up. However, I care about you as a fellow message board poster .....wait......I'm not sure that came out right......anyways, I just don't want you to waste your energy giving the guy a chance. You'll be setting yourself up for the let down.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Nah, rooting for the team, giving the players a chance and hoping for the best is never a waste of time!
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 08-26-2012 at 07:40 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Same here...it's why I stopped posting in this thread.