Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ravens Still Interested in Merriman?

We all remember when Ozzie put a claim in for Shawne Merriman only to lose out to the Bills. The Bills even extended Merriman last year despite his constant injuries. Reports this year were that Merriman was finally healthy.

The Bills just released Merriman. Will the Ravens sign him? The don't often comment on players they try to claim for waivers. The fact that they did last time means there was something they really liked.

Re: Ravens Still Interested in Merriman?

I would pick him up, its not like we have a ton of depth at OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We all remember when Ozzie put a claim in for Shawne Merriman only to lose out to the Bills. The Bills even extended Merriman last year despite his constant injuries. Reports this year were that Merriman was finally healthy.

The Bills just released Merriman. Will the Ravens sign him? The don't often comment on players they try to claim for waivers. The fact that they did last time means there was something they really liked.
    That was a couple of years ago and I just tweeted Aaron Wilson and he told me he doesn't the expect the Ravens to pursue him and that it might be over for Lights Outs. I think we as fans get caught up in the name and it's hard to realize the truth of where a player is in their career. Andre Carter would be a much better option but I think he'll end up back with the Pats.

He might have 3 games in him this year... and that's a stretch.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Wow, thanks for the Post.

I also would like the RAVENS to sign him, its not like we don't need him. Because we do, only thing that worries me, is what Worries anyone. Its his History of being Hurt ALL THE TIME.

Thinking back, weren't we one of the main teams he wanted to be a part of? I think that Bills were just doing him a favor since he didn't fit in the scheme they are now running with that awesome front 4. They let him go now so that he can catch on early with someone. I still don't know if that place is here. We do have the UMD connection here and I'm sure that he wants to play with Ray.

Its a low risk high reward move. If he is healthy it will pay great dividends but if not there is not much risk involved.

Had we wanted Andre Carter we would have signed him by now unless we are waiting for the final cuts to see if any vets are cut for cap reasons.

Blog Entries

Re: Any interest in Shawne Merriman?

Anybody want to acknowledge that the injury he had such a hard time recovering from is actually his achilles tendon. If he is indeed finally healthy as some reports are suggesting, maybe hes a good stop gap to fill in for suggs this year, and possibly next if there are complications.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    That was a couple of years ago and I just tweeted Aaron Wilson and he told me he doesn't the expect the Ravens to pursue him and that it might be over for Lights Outs. I think we as fans get caught up in the name and it's hard to realize the truth of where a player is in their career. Andre Carter would be a much better option but I think he'll end up back with the Pats.
    I thought it was Adam Caplan???

In the other thread you said Adam Caplan...not Aaron Wilson...

Are you trying to "josh" us over here??? :liar:
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I didn't want Merriman when the Chargers released him and was happy the Bills beat us to him. I was more worried that the Ravens would still have interested. It's amazing because he's all of 28 and has been beat up and hurt for at least 4 years.

Still, whats the risk? THe ravens are known for last min trades and signings. I can also see a last min trade since we will have a lot of picks in next years draft.

12. Re: Any interest in Shawne Merriman?

I guess it all depends. If he is finally healthy then it may not be a bad thing to see what he has left in him. Anybody think we could bring an OLB in? Is the pass rush that concerning?