Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: Ravens Still Interested in Merriman?

Carter may be 32, but the guy collected 10 sacks before his season was ended early due to injury. He may be someone to check out if we feel that it's necessary to bring in some pass rushing assistance.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Still Interested in Merriman?

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    I would work out Andre Carter before bringing Merriman in here.
    So would I. Every year it seems like Carter is an afterthought and every year he still brings pressure. I remember everyone, including myself, laughing when the Redskins seemed to overpay him. The joke was on us because he could really play. I'd love to find out if Andre Carter is healthy enough to play.

Blog Entries

Carter is one of those types of player who we always write off because he's not big name in the media type, but you watch him play dude brings the heat every play. Don't know how much he has left though coming off injury, but i would rather give him a look than Merriman.

Blog Entries

Andre Carter is someone we need to have a look at, don't forget he had 4 sacks last year in a single game last season vs the Jets, yes 4 sacks.

Blog Entries

Merriman is going to half to go back across to Canada for his medicine before he signs with another team (Allegedly).
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Any interest in Shawne Merriman?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I think he's done. Steriod abuse has left him with the body of a 35 year old.
    This

Blog Entries

I don't think the Ravens are in a position where they can automatically rule out any player who could potentially help them in the pass rush area. I don't know if Merriman can help them or not, though. As purely a third and long pass rusher, maybe? Don't think you could expect anything more from him at this point. I have no idea how the Bills played him but maybe if he were a part time player, his numbers would be better and his injuries would be lower?

Sign him to a long-term contract, IF . . .
    1) Steroids are made legal
    or
    2) Oz has a time machine in his closet

Can't be too picky. Our pass rush is miserable and Kindle is a bust. Situational pass rusher, perhaps? I would sure like to see the staff check him out and give him a physical before just saying no.

This could be a long season unless Suggs injury is addressed.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Depends how they feel about Kindle.
    Kindle?? I'm sure that whatever Merriman has left is much better than we'll get from Kindle. Add to it, in his first week, Merriman will probably know the playbook better than Kindle.

Blog Entries

wouldn't hurt to bring him in and kick the tires but I doubt he'd make the final roster.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

At this point, you are bringing him in as a situational pass rusher, if you are not pleased with whomever may be in that role now. I think that Albert McClellan has shown that he deserves some snaps. Paul Kruger is penciled starter at this point. Courtney Upshaw will likely split reps with McClellan.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore