Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
Are people here actually knocking him for turning down that contract?
That "offer" was a clear indication they really have no interest in keeping him, and were hoping he would cave like a lot of NFL players do and take a ridiculously under market deal.

They probably said "might as well try!" knowing damn well he would have to be a fool to accept it. I mean if it was close to market it would be different, and he might have a decision...but that? Probably took his agent about .0001 seconds to thanks but no thanks.

I was going to write an article and research the recent cb contracts, but unfortunately my hard drive crashed and I am stuck with a phone only indefinitely. But I can say with certainty that was not a really serious offer, and while I don't know who his agent is or what relationship he has with the Ravens, it could easily be looked at in a very negative light from Cary's side.

Now we know why there weren't really any ongoing negotiations, because that isn't even a starting point. No agent is going to waste their time when he wants probably 30-35 million, and they offer 15. No point in even going any further.

I wish Cary the best in 2013 and beyond with his new team, I mean we pretty much already knew that with the drafting of Smith but this just about seals the deal.