Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bengals cut WR Jordan Shipley.

The kid is a talented receiver.

Someone will give him a shot.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Bengals cut WR Jordan Shipley.

Eh gotta wonder why they'd be willing just to let him go when they already opted to not try to keep Jerome Simpson. Red flag.

Blog Entries

Any info on why? He was a decent slot WR i always thought.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Probably just no room and figured they would let him try and catch on with some other team.

Armon Binns, Brandon Tate, Marvin Jones, and Mohammed Sanu are all jockying for the #2 receiver spot. Andrew Hawkins is their slot guy and they also have Vidal Hazleton, Ryan Whalen and two other rookie receivers.

There was just no way he was going to beat out any of those.

I also read that his knee is still bothering him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I thought they put him on waivers because he tore his ACL or something. If it's the case, I wouldn't mind picking him off waivers, and IRing him so he can compete for a job next season. The guy has talent.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I thought they put him on waivers because he tore his ACL or something. If it's the case, I wouldn't mind picking him off waivers, and IRing him so he can compete for a job next season. The guy has talent.
    We should claim him. Put McBean on IR. Then we could IR Shipley and get him ready door 2013.

It is indeed because of his ACL. He hurt it in Week 2 of last season and apparently it's still bothering him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ordan-shipley/

Blog Entries

If hes had an entire year to heal and its still bothering him, thats a red flag. ACLs are so common these days that if there is any lingering issues its probably something serious, not unlike foxworth who never recovered.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    If hes had an entire year to heal and its still bothering him, thats a red flag. ACLs are so common these days that if there is any lingering issues its probably something serious, not unlike foxworth who never recovered.
    Nothing wrong with giving it a shot, he wont be taking up a roster spot this year if we claimed him.

Blog Entries

Apparently he can't cut and doesn't have that burst; knee still not quite healed. Would be worth giving him a look and a physical

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

He tore ACLand MCL

Just over 5' 11" , his Texas Proday 40 was 4.54

56 catches in a year and 1.? games (don't know when in game 2 he went down) so averaged 3+ catches/game
    Was due to make $490,000 this year.

I don't know if the cap will take a squeeze, yeah we got room but I'm feeling part of that room wants to be held in reserve for a possible vet RB and maybe TE. So my issues are $$
    I wouldn't be averse to stockpiling him, but can't see it at this point with the WR depth that we never seemed to really have before we drafted Torrey/Tandon and LaQ appeared.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Nothing wrong with giving it a shot, he wont be taking up a roster spot this year if we claimed him.
    Depending on his contract id agree. If hes only got a year left or so.

Side note this new rule about waiving before IRd is a little odd. Really ties a team up pre first cut if i am understanding correctly. The fact that another team can sign and IR them but you cant just seems unfair. With that said i dont think weve seen that taken advantage of yet either.
    -JAB