Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Anyone have a Suggs update?

Something tells me the team knows a lot more than we think they know and are hiding something about his return.

Think about it. He is not on PUP, he is on the non football injury list. I dont really know the difference but I believe if he starts the season on the non football injury list he is not paid for games missed and that is a credit to the cap and something the team said they were not doing.

I have a feeling we see him a lot sooner than expected since he is not on PUP and we are not hearing anything from the team or Suggs or sources.

If they knew he would miss at least the first six games he would be on PUP. I think he is coming along a lot faster and may be back by week 4 or 5.

Usually when the team is quiet about things like this it means good news. and my gut tells me this is the case. I even think he starts the season on the roster so he can practice as soon as he can. If he were on PUP he could not practice until after week 6.

If they keep him on the non football injury list I think they can remove him before week 6 but he wont be paid for time missed. Maybe they informed him of that and asked if he was fine with it so they can get a Flacco deal done with the extra space.

Still, there is a lot going on we dont know about and probably some stuff being hidden.

Re: Anyone have a Suggs update?

I don't think there is any functional difference (in terms of taking up roster spots or date allowed to return) between the PUP and the NFI lists. I am pretty sure that if he starts the season on either, he cannot come back during the first 6 weeks.

I also am fairly sure the Ravens are indeed paying Suggs, as they said they would. Being on the NFI list doesn't preclude the team from paying the player (as far as I know), and I think the Ravens are just sort of being honest/safe about designating the injury as non-football related.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

I think the NFI gives them the Right not to pay him but does not mean they actually have to go through with that and not pay him. I still think he can be taken off that list at any time during the season.

Blog Entries

The last update I heard was on that Harbaugh online chat thing the Ravens website do sometimes, and a fan asked if he believed that Suggs would play this year, and his answer was a confident "Yes, I do."

So who knows? I think it's way too spectulative to say he'll be back by week 4 though, I think week 10 at the very earliest is the best possible scenario, and even then, he wont be any where near as effective as he was last year. It will probably take at least 3 or 4 weeks of football action to become a starter again.

Suggs suffered one of the worst injuries you could possibly have, he isn't coming back until the calender turns to 2013. If he is lucky.

You haven't heard anything because he isn't anywhere remotely close to returning.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Suggs suffered one of the worst injuries you could possibly have, he isn't coming back until the calender turns to 2013. If he is lucky.

You haven't heard anything because he isn't anywhere remotely close to returning.
    Not really. The recovery time is typically faster than ACL tears. The medical science behind Achilles Tears has increased to the point that the repaired Achilles is often stronger than the previous one.

You don't know anything more than we do so making declarative statements like that are very misleading. In all likelihood there is no update because there is nothing to update. He is rehabbing, it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Not really. The recovery time is typically faster than ACL tears. The medical science behind Achilles Tears has increased to the point that the repaired Achilles is often stronger than the previous one.

You don't know anything more than we do so making declarative statements like that are very misleading. In all likelihood there is no update because there is nothing to update. He is rehabbing, it takes time.
    Achilles tears heal faster than ACL's??

Uh...no, they don't.

ACL's are a 6 month injury, achilles are 8-9 months.

Achilles tear is about the worst sporting injury you can possibly have. ACL has almost become a routine procedure these days.

Suggs is out for the year, he isn't coming back unless an act of God happens.

Uh...no, they don't.

Achilles tear is about the worst sporting injury you can possibly have. ACL has almost become a routine procedure these days.

Full strength is not reached in 6 months with an ACL, that's just the time it takes to be able to cut again. That's why the healing time for Achilles is faster. It's also the reason why guys (including Lardarius Webb) take a lot longer to fully recover. After 8 months for the Achilles you're ready to go.

Blog Entries

Uh...no, they don't.

If that was the case, the Ravens would IR him. I think ruling him out completely is a bit over the top.

Blog Entries

I've heard a few doctors on SiriusNFL discuss his injury and say that a partial tear is worse than a complete separation. None of us know when he's going to heal but if he plays this year it will surprise me. You just don't rush an injury like this and risk your career.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He had a partial tear and the surgery was percutaneous. Meaning, it wasn't a full rupture nor did they do a deep incision.

Everything I'm reading says 6 months.

If he truly was out until 2013, they would have IR'd him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He had a partial tear and the surgery was percutaneous. Meaning, it wasn't a full rupture nor did they do a deep incision.

Everything I'm reading says 6 months.

If he truly was out until 2013, they would have IR'd him.
    :word

I expect him back at around late October at the earliest, and sometime in November as a more realistic date. It will probably take him until December to get back into form, and he will probably force his way back into the starting team by then.