Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Backup QB Situation ...

Call up Troy Smith!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's a non issue because if Flacco goes, the season is toast anyway.

Guys like Yates are a rarity so to assume there is a QB out there that can give us the same talent is just silly.
    But what if he got banged up and had to miss 2-4 games. That doesn't mean the season is over, provided we have someone who could manage the game and maybe split those going 2-2.

So far Painter looks better to me; can't believe how bad Tyrod looks. But a veteran would be a better option, just who?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Dennis Dixon is still unsigned

Curtis Painter is better suited to our offensive scheme then Tyrod is . If Joe
    went down with an injury I would feel more comfortable with Curtis running the offense then Tyrod .

Thus, I hope Painter wins the backup
    QB role .

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Dennis Dixon is still unsigned
    For the life of me...I don't understand how or why nobody has signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    For the life of me...I don't understand how or why nobody has signed him.
    Probably wants too much cash.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's a non issue because if Flacco goes, the season is toast anyway.
    I don't follow your logic. Tyrod is obviously not NFL-calibre and Painter, at best, may be able to keep the team in the game for a few series. The season, however, will not be "toast" if the front office admits that neither guy could carry the club if Flacco becomes injured, and moves out to get a decent #2. There is definitely better talent out there than Taylor or Painter.

Listed above: McNabb, Josh Johnson, Tarvaris Jackson, Matt Moore, Kevin Kolb, Vince Young/Tyler Thigpen - any one of these guys stands head & shoulders over Painter and (literally) over Taylor. The season won't be "toast", but Oz may need to scratch up an extra $1/2 million to $1 million to get there.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Matt Moore could easily lead this team to the play offs. He did pretty damn well on a average Miami Dolphins team last season, he almost saved the season for them. If Matt Moore is cut, I would love to see Moore back Flacco up this year.

This is why I agree with what the Redskins did in the draft, they got a talented QB in the 4th round, who IMO can eventually be a good starter for a team. He gives the Redskins a lot of insurance if RG3 were to go down, which lets face it, could well happen at any given time because of the type of QB RG3 is. I think next year a back up QB may need to be addressed in the 4th or 5th round, we need a guy like TJ Yates who can step in if Flacco were to go down.

This offense works with a guy who plays like Joe - tall, big arm, who stands in the pocket.

Taylor is not that guy - not that kind of quarterback.

Painter is more like Flacco - and because of that he will make the team. We have yet to see Painter "run" with the first team offense. So far, with the 2nd and 3rd string guys he's put up 24 points on the board (if you count both games) in less than 60 minutes of football. At least with Painter the Ravens have a chance if Joe goes down. If its Tyrod their chances approach ZERO quickly.

TT is not an NFL QB. He missed several throws last night and had several passes batted down. He has to lob the ball to the running backs out the back field which will get a running back killed. He seems to want to run the ball more than he wants to throw it. Wonder what is rushing yards are vs his passing yards

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    TT is not an NFL QB. He missed several throws last night and had several passes batted down. He has to lob the ball to the running backs out the back field which will get a running back killed. He seems to want to run the ball more than he wants to throw it. Wonder what is rushing yards are vs his passing yards

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    This is why Painter is the better backup
    for Joe .

Blog Entries
    Buffalo reporting that Vince Young is winning the backup spot there which would make Tyler Thygpen odd man out. He would be an upgrade over TTaylor or Painter

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!