Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Bengals cut WR Jordan Shipley.

The kid is a talented receiver.

Someone will give him a shot.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Bengals cut WR Jordan Shipley.

Eh gotta wonder why they'd be willing just to let him go when they already opted to not try to keep Jerome Simpson. Red flag.

Blog Entries

Any info on why? He was a decent slot WR i always thought.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Probably just no room and figured they would let him try and catch on with some other team.

Armon Binns, Brandon Tate, Marvin Jones, and Mohammed Sanu are all jockying for the #2 receiver spot. Andrew Hawkins is their slot guy and they also have Vidal Hazleton, Ryan Whalen and two other rookie receivers.

There was just no way he was going to beat out any of those.

I also read that his knee is still bothering him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I thought they put him on waivers because he tore his ACL or something. If it's the case, I wouldn't mind picking him off waivers, and IRing him so he can compete for a job next season. The guy has talent.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I thought they put him on waivers because he tore his ACL or something. If it's the case, I wouldn't mind picking him off waivers, and IRing him so he can compete for a job next season. The guy has talent.
    We should claim him. Put McBean on IR. Then we could IR Shipley and get him ready door 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It is indeed because of his ACL. He hurt it in Week 2 of last season and apparently it's still bothering him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ordan-shipley/

Love love love Shipley!

Tough as nails and a great route runner. Love to see the Ravens hide him away for a year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Love love love Shipley!
    Tough as nails and a great route runner. Love to see the Ravens hide him away for a year.
    For the life of me I don't know why fans love players like this (?) A 3rd round draft choice (and we know how many of them end up) for the Bengals in 2010.
    After a good rookie season in Cincy (3 TDs/52 recpts for 11.5 yds per catch), he followed that up with an injury season (0 TDs, 4 recpts/3.5 yds per catch).
    I would not like for the Ravens to claim/IR this guy when we have WRs of our own to deal with... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    For the life of me I don't know why fans love players like this (?) A 3rd round draft choice (and we know how many of them end up) for the Bengals in 2010.
    After a good rookie season in Cincy (3 TDs/52 recpts for 11.5 yds per catch), he followed that up with an injury season (0 TDs, 4 recpts/3.5 yds per catch).
    I would not like for the Ravens to claim/IR this guy when we have WRs of our own to deal with... Bc
    I want to agree with you, however after watching LaQuan drop balls Friday and our history of not finding or producing quality...decent wrs, it might be a long shot but if it doesn't cost the Ravens much why not?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    I want to agree with you, however after watching LaQuan drop balls Friday and our history of not finding or producing quality...decent wrs, it might be a long shot but if it doesn't cost the Ravens much why not?
    Why not (a rhetorical question)? So, how many guys (injured or not) can a team stash away? Personally, I'd rather have LaQuan Wms than Shipley... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Why not (a rhetorical question)? So, how many guys (injured or not) can a team stash away? Personally, I'd rather have LaQuan Wms than Shipley... Bc
    Shipley could be like Stokley a very good route runner and possession pass catcher and LaQuan like Travis Taylor great speed and an occasional highlight reception but more drops than highlights. I am hoping that LaQuan is more consistent than what he showed Friday night. So many wide receivers have come and gone. I wouldn't even be thinking about Shipley if there weren't still many question marks about the Ravens' wide receivers!