Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ravens to receive maximum number of comp picks in 2013 NFL Draft

The Ravens are expected to receive four Compensatory Draft Picks for the 2013 draft given their free agent losses. This would push the team’s total number of draft picks to 11 come April, 2013

Under NFL rules four is the maximum number of Compensatory Draft Picks permitted.

Here are the DETAILS
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens to receive maximum number of comp picks in 2013 NFL Draft

Good news.

I would have thought we'd get a 3rd round for Ben Grubbs, a 4th round for Jarret Johnson, a 6th from Redding, and a 7th from Zibikowski.

Blog Entries

Giving the circumstances, it is very possible that the Ravens could be rewarded a third round compensatory pick. None of the players they signed have a contract near the value of Jarrett Johnson, let alone Ben Grubbs.

Now, what is the issue with Considine, pertaining to this matter?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Good news.

I would have thought we'd get a 3rd round for Ben Grubbs, a 4th round for Jarret Johnson, a 6th from Redding, and a 7th from Zibikowski.
    That's a little optimistic, but certainly within reason.

We need Grubbs, JJ and Redding to play well in addition to the contracts.

In a normal year possibly. But i highly doubt we get a 3rd for grubbs, because iirc its based firstly on contract, and grubbs wasnt near the upper echelon of contracts signed this past offseason. Knock everyone down a round id say. 4,5,6,7...
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Good news.

Blog Entries

If we got a 4t round pick for Dawan Landry, I'm pretty sure we'll get one frm JJ, and a third for Grubbs.

Blog Entries

Good news but I'd rather have Redding and/or McKinney

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I'm not clear on the ins and outs of this at all.

I would think Grubbs gets us a 3rd, contract wasn't up there with the G they lost, but someone needs to tell me if it is straight dollars or graded "on the curve" and Nicks higher salary drops Grubbs compensation, or doesn't that matter and Grubbs $$ is high enough that a 3rd isn't eliminated by salary.

Another question, if Considine and Graham count against us if they don't make the team? Probably a moot point, but I really don't know.

I don't know enough to play with the numbers.... will someone in this range offsets this player, let me see if I can kind of ask a little clearer....

We lose 6 players, lets rank them by $$ signed for as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    Now we sign 2 ranked by $$ as A, B.

Lets also say that A offsets 3, and B offsets 4, so we would get compensation for 1, 2, 5, 6.
    If B doesn't make the team, do we get compensation for 1, 2, 4, 5 , meaning we may get a little higher pick?

As someone mentioned, we won't fully know until season contribution is in the books.... I just don't know right now if Considine/Graham are cancelling out better player losses or the bottom players
    Last edited by Rxdoxx; 08-16-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Good news but I'd rather have Redding and/or McKinney
    No way. Give me the picks! Those guys are replacable...

Blog Entries

Right on time for restocking the Crows' nest: heirs for #52 and #20, solid young LT, & this team would be set for another 4-5 years of high-level play.

I can see Oz next March, rubbing his hands & muttering, Let's go shopping... (Not with the comp picks, obviously, but the regular picks could then be bundled if moving up was a need.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Right on time for restocking the Crows' nest: heirs for #52 and #20, solid young LT, & this team would be set for another 4-5 years of high-level play.

I can see Oz next March, rubbing his hands & muttering, Let's go shopping... (Not with the comp picks, obviously, but the regular picks could then be bundled if moving up was a need.)
    LT will need to be addressed in the first round, since there is less than a 5 % chance anything after the first round has a chance to ever be our starting left tackle, even as a project player. It is just too damn hard to find these guys.

History has shown that good LB's and Safeties can be found after round 1, and with the picks we have, we have he capability of trading up in the second round for example if we really see a player who can step in and replace Ray Lewis (no one is every going to directly replace him sadly). If Manti Teo is within striking distance in the first round, it's going to be hard not trading up for him, it's just that will cost us a possible starting LT for the next decade. Manti Teo however IMO is the best ILB prospect since Patrick Willis, he is so big and athletic, there really is very little flaws to his game. Sadly I can't see him making it out of the top ten, especially with Luke Kuechly, an ACC ILB getting picked 8 overall this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Right on time for restocking the Crows' nest: heirs for #52 and #20, solid young LT
    Nobody better then Ozzie but that's going to be ridiculously difficult to do in one draft