Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Hmmm....What are some of our former desired draft picks up to these days?

Demaryius Thomas is a good one. I definitely wanted him, not much unlike wanting Stephen Hill this year.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    During an episode of hard knocks, the Miami coaches were riding his ass because he was dogging it in practice and getting torched. Also, he was complaining about how out of shape he was.
    I saw that too. Davis has been pretty good since he's been in the league but his reputation as a worker isn't good

Blog Entries

I wanted Baldwin also,Wisnewski was another guy I wanted us to grab. Of course Gresham and Pettigrew both. And was clamoring the other year for Matthews,Casey but of course we know he hasn't done much of anything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I wanted Baldwin also,Wisnewski was another guy I wanted us to grab. Of course Gresham and Pettigrew both. And was clamoring the other year for Matthews,Casey but of course we know he hasn't done much of anything lol.
    How did Wisniewski fare as a rookie?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    How did Wisniewski fare as a rookie?
    He played as a guard in 2011 and held up pretty well, but it's not going to be his long term position for the Raiders. He's going to be playing center for them this year, where I think he can become a top 10 type center. Really liked this guy, and was someone else I wanted the Ravens to look at.

Blog Entries

More information

Well for all the talk about Vontae Davis, we see he gets traded for a 2nd and a conditional 6th by the team that took him in the first round #25 2009. We got Oher, Kruger, Webb in 3rd

All the talk about us needing DeCastro, torn MCL, kneecap dislo, can happen to anybody, first round #24, KO is looking better and better at #60

Dez Bryant now has guidelines, no alcohol or strip clubs, and a midnight curfew to abide by, maybe the Billicheats did us a great favor by trying to shaft us draft day. 2010 #24, Opened the Tebow trade and restocking TEs, forget Kindle, I'll take Pitta/Dickson in a heartbeat over Bryant especially now.

Ought to get even more interesting as the cuts happen at the end of the pre-season.
    Bumping a dropping thread just to keep the info together in a thread rather than split it.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Bear Pascoe
    Rey malaluga
    Dez bryant
    Casey Matthews
    Ryan kalil

2010 I really wanted a safety, but Eric Berry and Earl Thomas were out of our reach. I thought Reed would have been done by now.

2011 I really wanted Jimmy and then either Titus Young or Torrey Smith. Was really happy with our first two rounds.

This year I wanted either Mark Barron (knew it wouldn't happen) or Hightower. I was furious when the Pats snatched him. Not upset with the Upshaw pick, but I really wish we'd gotten Hightower. Here's to hoping to for Te'o in next years' draft.

Blog Entries

I really thought Hightower was overrated, he didn't really stick out to me on tape other than the fact that he's big and can stuff the run pretty well. I would have taken him in the late second, but not the first, he isn't really a pass rusher, but effective at bringing blitz up the middle, and he can't really drop back in coverage at all, and never was asked at Alabama because he didn't need to at that level (I guess Belicheck will try and coach him to do it, but it's not something you can just learn like that).

It's a passing league now, and Hightower would have been a great pick back in the 90's or 2001-2005, but ILB's like Hightower should be second/third round picks these days. While Upshaw has his flaws, and isn't the best of pass rushers coming out of college, he still has a ton of upside in this league, and is a better fit in today's league, because he is a good pass rusher, with room to get better. Upshaw isn't a quick twitch athlete, but he is a high motor guy, and if he drops a few pounds, I think eventually he can turn into a very affective pass rusher for us.

There is zippy, 0, no chance that the Falcons were asking for all those picks plus Suggs. You have to be out your damn mind to think that's the case.

Kyle Wilson pretty much stinks. McCourty is nothing special either. A lot of us wanted Britt, but I think we did better off with Smith a year later.

I remember a lot of folks were all in love with Limas Sweed and were gnashing teeth when the Steelers got him. Might've been on the Sun boards then, but I'm sure many of those posters are over here now. Personally I tend to stay somewhat detached in the draft, because I realize that I really don't know jack about many of these players and what they can do, and I trust the Ravens track record.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I remember a lot of folks were all in love with Limas Sweed and were gnashing teeth when the Steelers got him. Might've been on the Sun boards then, but I'm sure many of those posters are over here now. Personally I tend to stay somewhat detached in the draft, because I realize that I really don't know jack about many of these players and what they can do, and I trust the Ravens track record.
    I know GOTA and I were two folks who were really enamored with Limas Sweed.

Talk about a total disappointment. He had the size (6'4" 215lbs), speed, leaping ability, and he displayed some really nice ball skills down in Texas. I really thought he could be a top flight receiver in this league. He's hung around with the Steelers for a little (think he is still there actually), so he must display SOME sort of talent...but yea...I thought he would be someone who would be killing the Ravens for years.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.