Blog Entries

Romney soars amongst youth

Zogby said Mitt got 41% of the vote
    according to his recent poll surveying over
    1100 people and that is a DEM poll.

It's the first time Mitt climbed over 40% with that group. That's what unemployment will do for you. This was one of the main groups OBY won in 08.

My nephews and my nephew's wife got great jobs after graduating the last two years but they were at the top of their class.

C-students like Bush don't have much of a chance these day. Many are unemployed.

Zogby was the one who said Clinton would beat Bush.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/a-romn...3#.UCueg91lREN

Blog Entries

Re: Romney soars amongst youth

Question, why aren't Zogby polls included in RealClear averages? Anyone know?

No idea. Maybe he does not like his stuff showing up on their site and told them not to post his polls?

If you go to his web site, it's a repeat of the news article posted to Drudge with no methodology included.

Unless this bears out in other, more transparent polls, I am taking this one with a grain of salt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No idea. Maybe he does not like his stuff showing up on their site and told them not to post his polls?

If you go to his web site, it's a repeat of the news article posted to Drudge with no methodology included.

Unless this bears out in other, more transparent polls, I am taking this one with a grain of salt.
    Me too, which is why I asked.

I always had the impression Zogby was a left leaning poll... maybe I'm wrong.

Blog Entries

That's what I said. It's DEM poll.

He was the first to get Clinton right. Bush was the incumbent and had a double digit lead at one point but then the conservatives punished him for raising taxes.

Zogby saw this coming before anyone and I don't think Scott Rasmussen was even on the scene then. Not sure.

I'll look for them but I seen links where OBY is losing the youth vote and other groups that voted for
    him.

Z is legit with me.

Blog Entries

Here's a quote from the Gallup poll over on Hot Air talking about the drop off in the youth vote that will be a big blow to OBYs chances - a 58% drop off in youth turnout.

Younger voters have the poorest turnout percentages anyway, but a drop to 58% portends the worst turnout in a generation for this demographic, which would be a huge blow to Obama’s re-election chances.

Blog Entries

Hot Air.com had this story and he's very respected and always on FOX.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/a-romn...3#.UCu4Y6PleSq

I thought most young people are democrats until they get out of school, get real jobs, and start paying taxes.

At least for people who actually produce things and don't succle off the tax payers teat.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Like I said in another thread. Zogby uses 1 day polling. Today Romney is at 41%, but tomorrow he could be back down to 40%. Zogby is good to use looking back on a campaign and see how the candidates do over a period of time. But to say the youth is behind Romney now based on 1 day of polling is pretty weak.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Again, one poll gives the youth to Mitt and the other says there will be a 58%
    dropoff in turnout. One supports the other.

I never heard of purple strategies but they have Mitt leading in FLA, OH, and
    VA.

http://realclearpolitics.com/