Is Paul Ryan for or against Ayn Rand?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/14/opinio...and/index.html

I wonder if this will become a big issue. Could drive conservative Christians away.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: Is Paul Ryan for or against Ayn Rand?

I think he is for her view of Government and Individualism, but not her view of religion.

It's possible to only agree with someone in certain areas.

Yeah, I agree with NC.

The author is postulating that there is somehow a contradiction and that it will tear him from a voting block. I don't buy that one bit.

I've read Atlas Shrugged and loved it. Rand's philosophies on the human condition is something I whole-heartidly agree with. Her personal views on abortion or faith don't enter into the equation. I am a huge U2 fan but that does not mean I live my life as they do. In fact, I have almost nothing in common with their personal views on politics.

I respect her work. That does not mean I am in lockstep with how she lived her life. I imagine it's the same for Ryan.

Good points NCR and HR and I agree with you. I wonder why Ryan didn't just say something to that affect. To completely change his position leaves the door open for this kind of speculation.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller