Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Re: Osemele will start opening game, McKinnie in danger to make roster

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    It's not just on the QB though...a lot of it has to do with the offensive coordinator and the game plan.

*Cue the anti-Cam vs pro-Cam arguments...*

This isn't about whether or not Cam is or is not a good coordinator. This is simply a statement that a good game plan and a good coordinator knows how to play to the strengths of the team and game plan around weaknesses. The game plan should be looked at from a probability stance. For example, when playing Pittsburgh, if Michael Oher and Bryant McKinnie can nullify Lamarr Woodley and James Harrison 5 out of 9 plays where Joe is performing a 5-7 step drop, then there is a higher probability for a win because more points will be scored because those were deeper routes, which move the offense down the field quicker...etc etc etc.

Pittsburgh's OL has been banged up and pretty lackluster for years, the Giants had to shuffle their OL around last year big time, the Packers have had a lot of inconsistent faces on their OL and guys out of position (supposedly), The Saints have had a really strong interior OL and a really weak exterior OL...

Granted, those are all teams with elite QB's - no doubt - but their offensive coordinators also have game planned to the strengths of the team. They're letting their players dictate the offense and not the other way around. That's how it should be. Again, I'm NOT bashing Cam. If he continues to game plan and execute a game plan like we saw the 2nd half of the Arizona game last year or against the Patriots in the AFCCG, then having a premier LT won't really make much of a difference.

IMO, having a stout G-C-G combination is (not only easier to accommodate) significantly more important than having premier tackles because when the interior of your OL collapses, it is going to instantly flush the QB to the right or left and - odds are - right into the arms of a DE/LB or the feet/legs of his own teammate. Think about it, against the Patriots Mark Anderson and Rob Ninkovic (both good pass rushers) really weren't the main culprits for the pressure on Flacco. It was pretty much all Wilfork and their interior DL'men just pushing Birk, Grubbs, and Yanda around.

Would I love to see the Ravens get a Michael Roos or Andrew Whitworth at LT? You betcha...but I'd much rather see them get an interior combination of like Carl Nicks - Jon Goodwin - Jahari Evans. Or TJ Lang - Scott Wells - Josh Sitton.
    The fact that they are running more no huddle this year tells me Cam is finally trying to offset any issues on offense. Harbaugh has stated since the beginning of the offseason that they will be building their offense around what Joe Flacco does best which will help the Oline. On another note if Joe hits free agency he will be worth at least $15mil a year according to Scout.com's Adam Caplan (per a twitter conversation between he and I). I just wanted to point that out just in case some people on here still think Joe wouldn't be worth much on the open market, 2013 QB group will be led by Flacco and Matt Schaub if both hit free agency.

THey should get a 3rd for grubbs I know there is a max of 3rd round comps but not a min. I cant think of any other big FA losses besides Mario Williams which will get houston a 3rd. I think last year the only 3rd rounder given out was to OAK for Nnandi.

JJ should get a 4th because of his contract and redding could get a 5th because of his contact and I expect the last to be a late 6th or early 7th depending on how well the safeties play as well as Mickinny

Blog Entries

KO is jacked up man, look at the shape this guy is in...

Then there's McKinnie...

Just saying...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    The fact that they are running more no huddle this year tells me Cam is finally trying to offset any issues on offense. Harbaugh has stated since the beginning of the offseason that they will be building their offense around what Joe Flacco does best which will help the Oline. On another note if Joe hits free agency he will be worth at least $15mil a year according to Scout.com's Adam Caplan (per a twitter conversation between he and I). I just wanted to point that out just in case some people on here still think Joe wouldn't be worth much on the open market, 2013 QB group will be led by Flacco and Matt Schaub if both hit free agency.
    Remember, they've done this each of the last few off-seasons. The preseason games seemed to be pass, pass, pass. When the real games start, Cam goes back into fear mode.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Haha, there really isn't huh?

It kind of supports the notion that the LT or the idea of a premier LT isn't as important anymore. That's why I really think that come next year unless there is a specific person that drops to them in the draft that they really cannot live without, Oher will likely be moved back over to LT or whoever wins in a competition between Oher and KO will get the nod.
    Maybe not premiere, but you certainly need a servicable one. McKinnie is servicable, Oher is not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Remember, they've done this each of the last few off-seasons. The preseason games seemed to be pass, pass, pass. When the real games start, Cam goes back into fear mode.
    Well that's not entirely true, there were games when we should have ran the ball a lot more which we ended up losing, and all we did was pass the ball in those games. There is a reason why we have won so many games when Ray Rice has touched the ball 20 times or more.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well that's not entirely true, there were games when we should have ran the ball a lot more which we ended up losing, and all we did was pass the ball in those games. There is a reason why we have won so many games when Ray Rice has touched the ball 20 times or more.
    I'm not disputing that. I was just responding to people who think that what we see in preseason is what we're going to see during the season. Its not necessarily true.

Blog Entries

I'm not disputing that. I was just responding to people who think that what we see in preseason is what we're going to see during the season. Its not necessarily true.
    Oh sorry miss understood you, I agree with you on that.

Blog Entries

The aforementioned Levi Brown probably done for the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry-on-triceps/

Blog Entries

It's the style of offense Harbs wants to run. It's not about fear, he wants ball control, wear out the defense and have slow methodical drives. It's worked pretty damn well, just not yet SB well...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

hi