Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Any interest in Olympic sprinter Jeff Demps?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If we're talking about 40 yards, I don't think Bolts time would be all that. I'd say CJ could beat him over 40 yards, but it's that second gear speed that Bolt has, insane. But like I said, CJ looked dreadful against the Seahawks too btw, I know it's pre season. But he dropped a bunch of screen passes, and had like 7 carries for 9 yards lol.

He could come back and be great again, but he has to get back working hard. Terrell Suggs is a LB/DE remember not a back who age a lot quicker (even if pass rushers do take their fare share of beating)
    Haha, well im not familiar with his game but what did ray rice do this past game? Pretty sure he didnt look like ray rice. Well see, i expect him to be top 10 this year. He actually came on pretty strong at the end of the year. With a running qb again i think you van expect a bounce back.

Valid point about pass rusher vs rusher but i dont think he hit that wall yet. Just pointing out bad years after hold outs.
    -JAB

Yeah, Demps was a damn good return guy @ Florida from what I remember.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Yeah, Demps was a damn good return guy @ Florida from what I remember.
    I was thinking the same thing. The Ravens got Jacoby Jones, who can be a decent kick returner, but I never thought that Jones was anything particularly special in that capacity. The Ravens should inquire about Demps. He could be a huge upgrade as a kick returner.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Just my opinion but honestly i think he might. Bolt is slow out or the blocks and cj is quick. Youre talking about roughly 1/3 of the distance, that matters a lot. Spikes vs track shoes is another issue. Its not as far fetched as it may seem, especially with demps, an sec football player, being an olympic representative.

I bet Bolt comes close to 4 flat in the 40.
    Don't forget, in track the runner reacts to the gun, in football the stopwatch reacts to the runner. There is AT LEAST a 1/10th of a second in that flip-flop.
    CJ also said if he trained for the 100m he 'might" beat him there. That's truly a joke. I highly doubt CJ2k could break 10 flat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I bet Bolt comes close to 4 flat in the 40.
    Don't forget, in track the runner reacts to the gun, in football the stopwatch reacts to the runner. There is AT LEAST a 1/10th of a second in that flip-flop.
    CJ also said if he trained for the 100m he 'might" beat him there. That's truly a joke. I highly doubt CJ2k could break 10 flat.
    probably a good point, but its been discussed during the last two olympics that he comes on strong at the end and isnt as quick out of the box as the others. Ofcourse the others are olympic sprinters and not football players so who knows. im not sure if it would be close to 4.0 but i have seen some calculations that put it around 4.1, adjusting for his reaction time (.165) and 40m (4.65) to 40 yards but thats including the blocks which have to add a good bit i would assume. I dont think its as unlikely as it seems at first glance.

if he trained for the 100m, i agree, probably not a chance. especially if the above is correct and they run similar times at 40m and Bolts strength is the final 60m.
    -JAB

I like Demps but we'd have to find a spot for him.

Comfortable with Rice, Pierce and Demps?

Why would Bolt come to the NFL? He doesn't need the money, he is already making more than any NFL wide receiver. He is an international star, playing in the NFL wouldn't do much to boost his popularity. Didn't the Cowboys or someone offer him a contract 4 years ago?

Now thAt al Davis is dead I think demps is out of luck

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Apparently you ddidn't hear that Chris Johnson thinks he would be Usain Bolt in a football style 40 and that if he trained he might beat Bolt in the 100m dash....

LOLOLOLOLOL

In another life Chris Johnson may have, but it would be virtually impossible for anybody with at least a few years of NFL experience and wear and tear to compete against world class sprinters who have been able to focus on running and not get hit for an entire football season.