Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

McKinnie back at LT

Bryant McKinnie Runs With First Team

well that didnt take long. Apparently hes back in good graces, or at least better graces. Has anybody heard how KO looked at LG since hes been back healthy?

McKinnie KO Birk Yanda Oher is pretty much the first thought of the line so its not surprising that after all the injuries and what not its kind of heading back to that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie back at LT

They are tired of getting Joe killed with new guys missing assignments. They had the same problem last year. When McKinnie was able to play beside Grubbs, he didn't miss his assignments. When Grubbs went out with an injury, McKinnie didn't know his assignments.

Now, Gradkowski and Williams are the new guys. At least, KO can be placed between Birk and McKinnie, who now knows the system.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They are tired of getting Joe killed with new guys missing assignments.
    yeah, i dont think its as much to say about Oher at LT, as it was for Bobbie Williams and Gradkowski just not getting it done. The Tackles both played relatively well in the opener, but they did get some pressure around after Bobbie and Gradkowski calmed down a little. I do think this makes the strongest line we can have. hopefully its good enough.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They are tired of getting Joe killed with new guys missing assignments. They had the same problem last year. When McKinnie was able to play beside Grubbs, he didn't miss his assignments. When Grubbs went out with an injury, McKinnie didn't know his assignments.

Now, Gradkowski and Williams are the new guys. At least, KO can be placed between Birk and McKinnie, who now knows the system.
    Oher and KO were not the problems against the Falcons.

Bobby Williams and Gino were the issue on the interior. Poor communication and they're still learning the swing of things.

Bobby Williams will undoubtedly be the starting LG.

This move is also giving McKinnie the opportunity to show that he can beat out Oher (which he should be able to) for the starting LT gig. It's hard to prove that if you're only running with the 2nd and 3rd team OL.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Not really surprised. Hes the best LT on the team. It was only a matter of time before he came back. From all accounts, KO is playing well at LG. He seems to be picking everything up and is holding his own no matter where he plays. Seems like the real deal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oher and KO were not the problems against the Falcons.

Bobby Williams and Gino were the issue on the interior. Poor communication and they're still learning the swing of things.

Bobby Williams will undoubtedly be the starting LG.

This move is also giving McKinnie the opportunity to show that he can beat out Oher (which he should be able to) for the starting LT gig. It's hard to prove that if you're only running with the 2nd and 3rd team OL.
    so you still have Williams beating out KO? do you think theres a battle for RT or Ohers the unquestioned RT if hes not the LT?

I think as well as KO has played its going to be hard to keep him off the field.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    so you still have Williams beating out KO? do you think theres a battle for RT or Ohers the unquestioned RT if hes not the LT?

I think as well as KO has played its going to be hard to keep him off the field.
    I actually thought Oher looked really good against John Abraham last week. Abraham is no James Harrison or JPP, but he's a pretty good pass rusher even at 34 years old.

I think Oher will remain at RT unless he really blows it and then KO will get the opportunity to step up. Same with LG. I think Williams will remain at LG unless he just can't get it or something and then KO will be given the opportunity to step up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

No huge surprise that McKinnie is back at LT, since he eventually showed up at camp more or less in shape. A number of us on this board (including myself) gave him some grief when he was AWOL, but the stark reality is that the Ravens don't have many good options. The O-line situation is something I would've liked to have seen addressed in a more effective fashion over the last couple of years. They managed to patch together a decent line last year, but I wonder how long they can keep patching with the McKinnies, Gurodes, and Bobbie Williamses of the world...

OK, I know you can't have it all; that the Ravens have had other areas of need and salary cap limitations to boot. Still, this team finally has a franchise quarterback just coming into his prime and it'd be nice if he could live long enough to have a shot at realizing his potential. The oldsters on O-line may have experience, but they're past their prime effectiveness and tire out over a long season that includes playoff games. I hope guys like KO and Gradkowski can develop and become long term starters. And I hope we can get a couple more guys in next year's draft. It would be nice to have an O-line that didn't need shuffling with multiple new faces every year. This may well be the last year for McKinnie, Birk, and even Williams.

Blog Entries

We had young stud Oline once it was the greatest thing to watch..smh..now we are back old Olinemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    We had young stud Oline once it was the greatest thing to watch..smh..now we are back old Olinemen.
    Agreed. At some point you need to let the young guns play. KO seems like a better fit than Williams right now. I hope we start him at LG and let Williams back him up.

Blog Entries

Well, the reality is that Gino Gradkowski is not mentally ready to be a starter over Matt Birk. Physically, I think that he could do it, even though he could stand to get stronger in the future. However, blitz recognition is too important to risk and he is still processing that information. You can see it in practice and you saw it live against Atlanta. Oher and Yanda are both relatively young. The only spot that could be up for grabs is the LG spot. I could probably see that as a spot where Williams begins the season and Osemele ends the season.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm really rooting for KO for that LG spot. I always liked Williams when he was playing for the Bengals, but he is 36 years old now (yeah older than Birk) and I'm not sure if he can be a week to week starter in the NFL anymore, especially after breaking his ankle not too long ago. KO has so far done everything right, he looked good even at RT against the Falcons, and has looked good there all through TC. I do think guard is more suited for him, and I think he can become the next Mike Iupati type player for us. If Bobbie comes back next week and has a stormer, and completely dominates that monster Lions dline, then I will say he is the unquestioned starter, but he has been given the next two days off, and I wouldn't be surprised if KO is starting at LG this Friday, which will be very interesting to watch. KO and Yanda vs Suh, you got two big tough farmer boys from Iowa coming up against a beast, it's going to be as physical as you can get.