Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie back at LT

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually thought Oher looked really good against John Abraham last week. Abraham is no James Harrison or JPP, but he's a pretty good pass rusher even at 34 years old.

I think Oher will remain at RT unless he really blows it and then KO will get the opportunity to step up. Same with LG. I think Williams will remain at LG unless he just can't get it or something and then KO will be given the opportunity to step up.
    (1) IMO KO should get a starting spot (LG ?). If he's between veterans McKinnie and Birk, he should do well. B. Wms is a vet, but he's old, has been injured, and looks to me to be a good prospect @ back-up OG. This Oline needs an infusion of youth, and KO is cure if you ask me. (2) Now GG needs a year of experience watching/learning from Birk, and bulking-up 15 lbs of muscle if he wants to succeed in the AFCN as a Center. (3) If anything happens to McKinnie, then I'd slide Oher over to LT, but might want KO to move to RT since I (at this time) I have no faith in Reid... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    (1) IMO KO should get a starting spot (LG ?). If he's between veterans McKinnie and Birk, he should do well. B. Wms is a vet, but he's old, has been injured, and looks to me to be a good prospect @ back-up OG. This Oline needs an infusion of youth, and KO is cure if you ask me. (2) Now GG needs a year of experience watching/learning from Birk, and bulking-up 15 lbs of muscle if he wants to succeed in the AFCN as a Center. (3) If anything happens to McKinnie, then I'd slide Oher over to LT, but might want KO to move to RT since I (at this time) I have no faith in Reid... Bc
    Pretty much agree with all of this, apart from the Jah Reid part. I am still hopeful that Reid can make an impact on this team, despite his recent injury that has significantly set him back, and still has a chance to become the long term starting RT. Hopefully we can see him play against the Lions this Friday, and see how he has developed since 2011.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Pretty much agree with all of this, apart from the Jah Reid part. I am still hopeful that Reid can make an impact on this team, despite his recent injury that has significantly set him back, and still has a chance to become the long term starting RT. Hopefully we can see him play against the Lions this Friday, and see how he has developed since 2011.
    leach, I understand your position on this, but IMO KO is miles ahead of Jah Reid.
    Not saying Reid cannot make an impact on this team, but I can't see him as a starter. In 2013 I can envision KO/Oher as starting OTs, and Reid as primary back-up though... Bc

Maybe the phony "competition" is over now, and we can get back to building the line that was going to be in place from day 1, despite what Harbaugh or anyone else said.

That would be McKinnie at LT, KO at LG, Birk, Yanda Oher.

All this KO at RT talk was complete BS, I have been saying it for weeks now. We have a RT, his name is Michael Oher, and we have a LT his name is Bryant McKinnie.

IF KO has been dominating at tackle in practice like the reports say, you move him to LG (where he played in colege BTW) and let Bobbie Williams back him up. KO will get better as the season goes, BW will get worse....if that is even possible after his recent showing against Atlanta.

This was the plan from day 1, and despite McKinnie gate was the plan all along. There was no "competition", it was just because the team was mad at McKinnie and wanted him to think there was actually a chance of him not starting that KO was at RT.

Get the line in there practicing together that will be starting and cut the bullshit, anyone with a brain knew that McKinnie wasn't going anywhere and he was starting at LT in the end.

You "taught him a lesson" Harbaugh, now let's get down to business.

Bobbie Williams, if healthy, can and will be starting at LG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Maybe the phony "competition" is over now, and we can get back to building the line that was going to be in place from day 1, despite what Harbaugh or anyone else said.

That would be McKinnie at LT, KO at LG, Birk, Yanda Oher.

All this KO at RT talk was complete BS, I have been saying it for weeks now. We have a RT, his name is Michael Oher, and we have a LT his name is Bryant McKinnie.

IF KO has been dominating at tackle in practice like the reports say, you move him to LG (where he played in colege BTW) and let Bobbie Williams back him up. KO will get better as the season goes, BW will get worse....if that is even possible after his recent showing against Atlanta.

This was the plan from day 1, and despite McKinnie gate was the plan all along. There was no "competition", it was just because the team was mad at McKinnie and wanted him to think there was actually a chance of him not starting that KO was at RT.

Get the line in there practicing together that will be starting and cut the bullshit, anyone with a brain knew that McKinnie wasn't going anywhere and he was starting at LT in the end.

You "taught him a lesson" Harbaugh, now let's get down to business.
    KO played left tackle at Iowa State.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    KO played left tackle at Iowa State.
    He played some guard too. Never played RT.

Birk is a cool cat.

At approx 7:30, he talks about grooming Gino to be his replacement:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/media...f-c05f851ccb09

Blog Entries

I would think the focus, as far as the rookie are concerned, is to get them prepared for when/if Williams and Birk go down.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would think the focus, as far as the rookie are concerned, is to get them prepared for when/if Williams and Birk go down.
    I agree with this.

I think, ironically with all the talk among some fans about how the coaching staff doesn't want to play young guys, some of those fans are too quick to toss the young guys in there.

Let them earn their spot. As for KO, he will play at some point this year...while I like Williams and believe he should start, looking at his history, at some point, KO will get in there and be playing.

Gino probably will too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Bobbie Williams, if healthy, can and will be starting at LG.
    While you may be right, but let's look at your Oline...McKinnie (33 Sept 29th), Bobbie Williams (36 Sept 25th), and Matt Birk (36 July 23rd). This is the kind of Oline that cannot sustain it's power throughout the long NFL season. Now start KO @ LG, infuse some young energy and you may have an advantage w/B. Wms as a vet back-up, then you'll have a more effective shield for Flacco... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While you may be right, but let's look at your Oline...McKinnie (33 Sept 29th), Bobbie Williams (36 Sept 25th), and Matt Birk (36 July 23rd). This is the kind of Oline that cannot sustain it's power throughout the long NFL season. Now start KO @ LG, infuse some young energy and you may have an advantage w/B. Wms as a vet back-up, then you'll have a more effective shield for Flacco... Bc
    That's your opinion.

I don't think that just because they are older that they can't get the job done. Birk and McKinnie aren't "power" players anyway.

I'm for playing the best players at their best positions. I like KO and he will be the starting RT next year barring something crazy happening (like signing or drafting an OT high in the draft). He looks like he is going to have a long and successful career here.

But I'm not just throwing him in there because I don't like some other guys age. Let KO show he is better than the guy he is replacing. He hasn't done that yet.