Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Kemo vs Cody for a starter

So really does anyone think that Cody is on the doghouse...should we read anything into this?

Seriously though I am a big fan of Mr Cody. My daughter and I met him and he is a very nice young man, and a beast on the field!

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    So really does anyone think that Cody is on the doghouse...should we read anything into this?

Seriously though I am a big fan of Mr Cody. My daughter and I met him and he is a very nice young man, and a beast on the field!
    Cody is not in the doghouse! Like others have posted and pointed out in Tony's article, the Ravens just want Cody to get more reps AND that Kemo is doing well. It will be great to have them rotating in and out to get fresh linemen in there.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I think it is great that Kemo is doing so good.
    And we al know what Cody is doing and how he is getting better all the time.
    What is so great about this season, we are seeing some real quality depth throughout the roster and much of it is really young.
    That is a GOOD thing!
    It means we can rotate guys in and keep everyone fresh through the entire game...like back in 2000.
    We had an entire defensive front 7 that could switch out with the first teamers and do real damage.
    We had veterans running down on cover teams and it all made a huge difference...because once an opposing team got behind, that was it. Our guys were fresh and they got better as each game and the season wore on.

The only thing we should read into this is GOOD! We have quality depth!

Now, it is about using all this talent correctly.

Blog Entries
    Great news. I thought Kemo was a long shot to even make the team considering his age and injuries. This is a real nice surprise.

I agree now, The 2nd team usually gets more reps than the 1st team in Camp and they want to give those reps to Cody and move him around in various packages such as 3-4 DT NT and 4-3 DE/DT

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Great news. I thought Kemo was a long shot to even make the team considering his age and injuries. This is a real nice surprise.
    Agreed!!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Cody is not in the doghouse! Like others have posted and pointed out in Tony's article, the Ravens just want Cody to get more reps AND that Kemo is doing well. It will be great to have them rotating in and out to get fresh linemen in there.
    If anyone noticed Cody was playing with the 2nd team defense against ATL as the 3 tech DE. People forget that Cody despite the girth is a tremendous athlete who played FB on the goal line offense at Alabama.

He's going to play a big role this year.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 08-14-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Ngata
    Cody
    Kemo
    Mcphee
    Art Jones
    Kruger
    Suggs
    Ray
    Jameel
    Upshaw

This is just nasty.

Blog Entries

I had a feeling that Kemoeatu could lock down a spot, once I saw how focused he was on getting back into shape.

However, if offensive linemen can't move Cody, Harbaugh sure can't move him out of a starting spot. I mean, seriously, NOBODY CAN MOVE THIS MAN. In practice, in the preseason game, every time I've seen him this off-season, he has been immovable.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I had a feeling that Kemoeatu could lock down a spot, once I saw how focused he was on getting back into shape.

However, if offensive linemen can't move Cody, Harbaugh sure can't move him out of a starting spot. I mean, seriously, NOBODY CAN MOVE THIS MAN. In practice, in the preseason game, every time I've seen him this off-season, he has been immovable.
    This is what I thought when he played in the Atlanta game too. Terrence clearly packed on a lot of muscle mass, and reduced fat this offseason, he can easily become a new leader on this defense eating up blockers and stuffing the run at nose guard, it all starts through him on this wrecking crew.

Blog Entries

I'm having trouble believing Harbaugh has no problem suggesting Cody could be supplanted as a starter yet continues to speak up for Cundiff on every turn.

IF ANYONE on the team is worthy of even being considered Cody's equal we have a wonderful problem. It's all good.