Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kemo vs Cody for a starter

I was reading that Kemo was playing with the first team Defense for the past 2 days. I thought Cody was playing very well and dominating at the point of attack. Why are they putting Kemo in with the first team??? Cody is clearly the better player and option here.

Does anyone think there is a chance Kemo takes the starting job from Cody?

I have not seen or heard or cody doing anything to lose it if anything I have heard he was playing amazing.

Blog Entries

Re: Kemo vs Cody for a starter

Ma’ake Kemoeatu has been someone we’ve been saying to keep your eye on since camp started. After practice as coach Harbaugh met with the media, he said, “Kemo is pushing for a starting job.” Kemoeatu received many snaps at nose tackle as Terrence Cody took in some work with the second team.

Don’t read too much into Cody working with the second team, he is someone the Ravens are trying to move around to fill multiple positions on the line and it’s assumed he’s playing with lower tiered lines for increased reps, not from the coaches lack of confidence.
    http://ravens24x7.com/columns/Camp-N...-Naval-Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    I was reading that Kemo was playing with the first team Defense for the past 2 days. I thought Cody was playing very well and dominating at the point of attack. Why are they putting Kemo in with the first team??? Cody is clearly the better player and option here.

I have not seen or heard or cody doing anything to lose it if anything I have heard he was playing amazing.
    They wanted Cody to get more reps... apparently they have bigger plans for him.

From Tony's latest camp notes:
    Ma’ake Kemoeatu has been someone we’ve been saying to keep your eye on since camp started. After practice as coach Harbaugh met with the media, he said, “Kemo is pushing for a starting job.” Kemoeatu received many snaps at nose tackle as Terrence Cody took in some work with the second team.

Don’t read too much into Cody working with the second team, he is someone the Ravens are trying to move around to fill multiple positions on the line and it’s assumed he’s playing with lower tiered lines for increased reps, not from the coaches lack of confidence.
    -JAB

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/...rting_Job.aspx

It may have been Harbaugh just encouraging competition and speaking coach-ese, by all account Cody has been solid and if anything it means Kemo is just doing really well.

Blog Entries

This is NOT a reflection on Cody's play, but rather a sign of just how well Kemo has done in returning to the NFL. Cody will still be a big factor this year, in fact can you imagine a front of Ngata, Cody, Kemo? You might as well resort to WR screens for your running game!

Basically, they want to move Cody around and get him snaps different places in the defense. Kemo is just playing well enough that he may rotate with Cody in the front line.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

LOL...Kemo (33, who has missed significant playing time due to injury the last few years) will NOT supplant Mt. Cody (24, coming into his prime years). Kemo may beat out UDFAs Kitchen and Jean-Baptiste for NT back-up, but he can't come near Cody's youth, productivity, and potential... Bc

We both know that Kemo used to be here and that there were enough fans on this board here that were sad that he moved on. He was our pre-Ngata. He may just have an edge because of him being out of football (rested body), but also because he may feel he's coming back to his football home, where it all started. Both are motivation.

I like that we have this depth. Imagine a goal line with him, Cody, and Ngata. We can call them the the Purple Wall of Bmore"

Blog Entries

Terrence Cody has had one of the most impressive camps out of everyone, I certainly hope a guy who has been out of football since 2010 isn't going to start over a lean Terrence Cody!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Terrence Cody has had one of the most impressive camps out of everyone, I certainly hope a guy who has been out of football since 2010 isn't going to start over a lean Terrence Cody!
    You'd be crazy if you thought Kemo would actually start over Cody. All of these guys on the d-line will be getting reps though in real games. It's important to rotate players and keep those linemen fresh.

Blog Entries

Think about a defensive alignment on running downs or against a running team like San Fran or Jacksonville...

RE Ngata
    DT Cody
    NT Kemo
    LE Art

With LB's being Ray, Jameel, & Kruger.

Good luck running on that front 7.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Yea i read that article and dont buy it for a second. Kemo may become a big part of the rotation but no way does he unseat Cody. Cody came into camp in the best shape of his career and is poised to become a fixture on our d-line for many many years to come. Great to hear that Kemo is ready to contribute though.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 08-13-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This is NOT a reflection on Cody's play, but rather a sign of just how well Kemo has done in returning to the NFL. Cody will still be a big factor this year, in fact can you imagine a front of Ngata, Cody, Kemo? You might as well resort to WR screens for your running game!

Basically, they want to move Cody around and get him snaps different places in the defense. Kemo is just playing well enough that he may rotate with Cody in the front line.
    :word

I think you've hit the nail on the head.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap