Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OT: The O's

Re: OT: The O's

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Thunder View Post
    By the way, I just left http://www.orioleshangout.com where I wrote about the Orioles- so why am I talking about them here- where I came to talk about the Ravens?? :)
    I tried to get into the OH but the posters there are a bunch of uptight pain in the asses. You say one bad think and they come out of the woodwork to trash you, give you negative feedback, etc. Plus they want you to pay after a certain # of posts, blah blah blah.

I went over to the Scout board if anyone is interested :

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=251#s=251
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Congrat's to Bedard, He tied the record today and he will have the most strike outs in Orioles history!!!Thats impressive, over McNally, Palmer, Mussina, Flanagan...WOW!!!!Sign him NOW!!!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Man, if Angelos had accepted that trade for Tejada some time back this team could have had a FEARSOME rotation in the future. Miggy seems like a classy guy, but his numbers are pedestrian at best (12 HRs by August?) now, and we could have gotten so much for him...now even if we wanted to trade him, he'd be worth nothing

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    I tried to get into the OH but the posters there are a bunch of uptight pain in the asses. You say one bad think and they come out of the woodwork to trash you, give you negative feedback, etc. Plus they want you to pay after a certain # of posts, blah blah blah.

I went over to the Scout board if anyone is interested :

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=251#s=251
    What's cool about Bedard's record is that while he was in the process of tying Mussina's K record, the Moose was gettting shellacked by the Angels, giving up 7 ER in less than 2 innings. Poor Moose, another year without a ring or 20 wins.

Bez513: You're on the money about the Orioles Hangout. A bunch of old ladies who get their vaginas bruised if you say anything even remotely challenging in a discussion.

I just got banned from there, on purpose, pretty much. Tony, the guy who runs the board and is notorious for banning people simply for disagreeing with him, just wrote a book. I posted in the thread about his book if it was titled "Mein Kampf II"

There are a few board members here and on the other board who have also been banned by him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Bez513: You're on the money about the Orioles Hangout. A bunch of old ladies who get their vaginas bruised if you say anything even remotely challenging in a discussion.

I just got banned from there, on purpose, pretty much. Tony, the guy who runs the board and is notorious for banning people simply for disagreeing with him, just wrote a book. I posted in the thread about his book if it was titled "Mein Kampf II"

There are a few board members here and on the other board who have also been banned by him.
    I got blasted because I posted during the draft when the site was basically down that you would think if people pay $ for this the site would be able to stay up. It had the same problems a couple weeks ago on the night before the draft deadline when we signed Wieters. You couldn't get to the site.

Trembley just got expected for the 2008 season. Well deserved in my opinion.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...,6523995.story

We all know how important it is to sign Bedard to a long-term extension. He has an arm we can build the rotation around for the next decade. But I have that sick feeling in my stomach that the warehouse will handle it in its usual fashion: wait until the last possible minute to do anything, then insult him with a lowball offer before he leaves for pinstripes.

I agree Losac. Unfortunately, we will probably see him in pinstripes after his contract with the O's expires.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    I got blasted because I posted during the draft when the site was basically down that you would think if people pay $ for this the site would be able to stay up. It had the same problems a couple weeks ago on the night before the draft deadline when we signed Wieters. You couldn't get to the site.

NO COMPLAINING on the OH! Check out their posting rules if you want a good laugh. One of them is something like: "don't openly complain about the board". Give me a break. That's where the "Mein Kampf" came from.

How in the hell do you give up 30 runs in a baseball game?

Freakin' 30!!!!:grbac:

The most runs scored by a team in a MLB game since 1900.

Absolutely amazing.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

30 runs? THIRTY??? The Ravens might not give up that many points in their first two or three games, combined. Holy shit, what an embarrassament. :grbac:

According to this site it's an AL record.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/rb_runs2.shtml

Nice way to welcome Trembley as the permanent manager.

PP