Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    But he didn't hit Flacco's wife in the head with it. That's accuracy.
    they should force her to sit in the appropriate end zone during each game. Then Flacco knows if they don't score a TD, she's fair game :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Not sure what the running total is at this point, but Tucker has clearly out kicked Cundiff in camp. Cundiff is terrible from 50+, and I have serious doubts about how he'll respond in pressure situations. Tucker seems likely to at least be a decent kicker from 50+, and an unknown in the clutch is better than a guy who a serious cause for concern in the clutch. If Tucker can continue to do well in preseason games than I'll be pretty disappointed if the Ravens don't keep him and drop Cundiff.

Blog Entries

If Cundiff is indeed having issues hitting from 24 and 34 yards...in practice...in pre-season...

I dont know really what to say about that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If Cundiff is indeed having issues hitting from 24 and 34 yards...in practice...in pre-season...

Cundiff is done

Blog Entries

I think his confidence is just shot. He thrived being the underdog but couldnt handle being the man. Kind of similar to his time in dallas in that aspect. Although he missed that big kick in afccg, i think hes hit a few game winning FGs while hes been here. Hes bad at 50+ but i dont think his "clutchness" was in question until that last miss, unless im forgetting something. Its just time to move on, not because hes so horrible but because we have a young viable option behind him thats proving to be the better kicker, even if untested. At this point im not sure what would be the reason to keep him in the coaches eyes.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

one of them was a high snap, not sure the other

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BaltoNUSCNFLChamps
    Has Tucker kicked well in Cold and Rain? Also how will he kick in Pittsburgh with the swirling winds and grass clumps? Warm weather and good field doesn't make an NFL kicker…
    We had Boller and he never played in rain or anow which showed after he joined the NFL; so what kind of weather has he played in; what kind of stadium conditions: has he played in especially with the field conditions at Pittsburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

John harbaugh said billy cundiff missed 24 yarder was due to high snap
    He also said it was a kick he still should make:

Jason Butt ‏@JasonButtCBS
    Harbs on Cundiff's missed 24-yarder today: That was a real high snap. ... He still needs to make it but it makes it tougher." #Ravens
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    every kicker in 2011 excluding 50+ FGs... Cundiff is above average inside 50 yards

hope thats statistical data enough for you.
    sigh...

So, it's pretty clear you really don't understand statistics. Like, at all.

Cundiff went 27/31 (87.1%) from inside 50 yards last year, which is good for 13th on your list. If he made one more, he'd have been 90.3%, or 8th. If he'd have missed one more, he'd have been 83.9%, or 22nd.

No, that's not enough statistical data. For me, or for anyone. You cannot take one year and extrapolate whether or not a guy is an average player in the NFL when he's got eight other years of history. You especially can't do it by deciding you're going to just not include one of the major aspects of the game in which he is an absolutely dreadful player.

If you said "Cundiff was an average kicker in 2011 from inside 50 yards," then you would have an argument. If that's what you meant to say, then you should have said that. But you didn't.

What you in fact said was, "I believe we broke this down before and if you take out 50+ yarders hes actually above average for his career." And, as I've shown, he is definitively not. So don't get pissy with me that I don't know what I'm talking about when:
    a) you're wrong, and
    b) you don't even remember what you were attempting to argue in the first place.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Tony posted the article I wrote, for anyone interested.

At this point, I'm really hoping it's Tucker.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    sigh...

So, it's pretty clear you really don't understand statistics. Like, at all.

Cundiff went 27/31 (87.1%) from inside 50 yards last year, which is good for 13th on your list. If he made one more, he'd have been 90.3%, or 8th. If he'd have missed one more, he'd have been 83.9%, or 22nd.

No, that's not enough statistical data. For me, or for anyone. You cannot take one year and extrapolate whether or not a guy is an average player in the NFL when he's got eight other years of history. You especially can't do it by deciding you're going to just not include one of the major aspects of the game in which he is an absolutely dreadful player.

If you said "Cundiff was an average kicker in 2011 from inside 50 yards," then you would have an argument. If that's what you meant to say, then you should have said that. But you didn't.

What you in fact said was, "I believe we broke this down before and if you take out 50+ yarders hes actually above average for his career." And, as I've shown, he is definitively not. So don't get pissy with me that I don't know what I'm talking about when:
    a) you're wrong, and
    b) you don't even remember what you were attempting to argue in the first place.

- C -
    Blogs with a p-value. This is good stuff!

To anyone talking about carrying two kickers - the Ravens will most certainly NOT do that. Here is why:

If we cut Cundiff, is any team out there going to pick him up?

If we cut Tucker, is any team out there going to pick him up?

I could be wrong, but I think there will be suitors for Tucker, and none for Cundiff. I think you'll agree with me.

We don't need to keep Billy, we can have him on call in case Tucker implodes. Or just cut the chord (which I think is what will actually happen).