Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Starting Kicker Competition -- Tucker v. Cundiff (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    There is one moment that stood out to me from friday's game that makes me think Tucker as "it". It was the final field goal. I believe it was about 44 yards. The fg team was confused. They had to run players on at the last minute. Tucker was set to go and then had to reset at the last minute as time was running down. He did and hit it right through the uprights. That to me stood out because he is under a ton of pressure kicking for his job. His routine was broken and time was running out on the play clock. I was watching the play unfold and thought he would miss it. I am really pulling for Tucker.

Also I am fairly certain that whichever K is cut will be picked up in no time.
    That's funny because thats pretty much the same situation Cundiff was in vs NE, only a shorter distance and he failed miserably.

As i pointed out earlier, through 10 years, Shane Graham is the 4th most accurate career kicker EVER in the NFL.
    Higher than Stover even.
    And he's been scrapping for a job for the past 3 years. Somethign like 9 different teams have picked him up.
    Kickers, even good ones, are expendable.

The only kickers that aren't a dime a dozen are Good, YOung and cheap.
    Hmm sounds familiar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    As i pointed out earlier, through 10 years, Shane Graham is the 4th most accurate career kicker EVER in the NFL.
    Higher than Stover even.
    And he's been scrapping for a job for the past 3 years. Somethign like 9 different teams have picked him up.
    Kickers, even good ones, are expendable.
    That's an interesting stat and a great point

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's an interesting stat and a great point
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...erc_career.htm

I couldn't believe Graham was that high on the list either.

Shayne Graham choked in the playoffs, that's why nobody wants him. Just like Billy Goat.

Only Graham missed 2 kicks. Against the Jets.

Graham was money for most of his career. He had a couple of bad post season misses sort of like Cundiff last year and never recovered mentally.

9. Re: Starting Kicker Competition -- Tucker v. Cundiff (Merged)

The Redskins have a competition at FG kicker too. Neil Rackers and Graham Gano(we all know ;) ) They brought Rackers in this year for competition and I really sense that they are looking to replace Gano because they weren't happy with him last year...If the Ravens don't sign Tucker, I am sure that without a doubt, the Redskins will sign him..We will have to see him this year and for quite a many of years on Comcast Sports Net
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 08-28-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    IF Tucker is cut (and I do not believe that he will be) the decision will haunt this team for YEARS - as Tucker will move on to another team and have an outstanding NFL career
    OK, this is getting just a bit too absurd. Shouldn't we wait until the guy has actually made at least one FG in a real NFL game before we proclaim that he's going to have an "outstanding NFL career" and/or that the team will be haunted by a decision to release him?!?!?

Yeesh, the guy is a legend already, even though no team wanted to draft him and no team signed him after the draft as an UDFA. The Ravens only decided to sign him after OTAs, a month after having given him a tryout. That's 32 teams that weren't really interested in him and 1 that eventually took a chance on him.

Could they all be wrong? Sure. It happens. But, not that often.

Look, perhaps he will turn out to be that good, but the odds are against it, and it's certainly waaay too early to make such grand pronouncements about him, IMO.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    This is probably pretty accurate.

And even if Cundiff isn't available - which is unlikely - there will certainly be other options...Shayne Graham was available well into the season last year and guys like Kris Brown and John Kasay were also available throughout much of the year.

I agree. Billy is damaged goods. As posted, the look on his face said it all
    when Tucker made that 50 yarder.

Great comparison with the confusion idea. Sounds like coaches might have
    planned it. This kid is cool as a cucumber.

Blog Entries

Re: Cundiff bitter... Carroll County Times says maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I listened to 105.7 today, for the first time in awhile to get the local spin and the the afternoon guys, (Vinnie and ........), said no way Harbaugh and the staff goes with a rookie kicker. Their logic was; too much at risk to trust an unproven player.

I didn't get their logic if the known player is a bigger question mark, (statistically and with actual big game misses) To make it worse they agreed fans shouldn't feel bad for Tucker because his Ravens training camp performance will ensure him a spot on another team.
    This is what I posted that they will probably go with the vet but someone pointed out the Colts had a rookie FG kicker named Jim O'Brien who won
    SB 5 in last 3 secs of the game. He had missed a PAT, but didn't choke
    in crunch time.

It has been done in Bmore.

I turned Vinnie on last night in the car and he spent over 10 mins talking
    nothing about his friend's babies and their stupid names. Said nothing
    about football whatsoever. It was damn disgusting.

That's why I stopped listening to Scott and Jeremy.