Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Annapolis Practice

I sat closer to the offense during individual drills, but when they went to the 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills, the defense still appeared to have the slight upper hand. Thompson scored a few times, and LaQuan made some nice catches. I noticed Torrey (walking a little gingerly) went through the individual drills, but sat out the remainder of practice. The fact he actually practiced with an injury and Doss continues to sit out seems a little odd. Both Cundiff and Tucker made some impressive kicks from the sideline. Fun atmosphere, hope they come back next year.

Yeah, the announced crowd according to the Sun was actually higher (by only 11 people) at the Navy stadium.

My family and I made the trip from Central PA. Great venue, very polite security and employees. I have to say the Ravens go out of their way to make sure the kids have a great time. I truly appreciate what they do for the handicapped kids, especially my daughter who was treated like a Queen. Here are a few pics, too many to post. She made me post her favorite player, but EVERY player who saw her made sure they stopped and signed her helmet.

nice pictures, thanks for posting them. Also, great to hear that about the Ravens!
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by PAravenfan View Post
    I have to say the Ravens go out of their way to make sure the kids have a great time. I truly appreciate what they do for the handicapped kids, especially my daughter who was treated like a Queen. .....

[/IMG]
    PA fan: I noticed your handsome family - you tailgated about 5 vehicles closer to the stadium than me. I was at the white T-Bird on the same side as you, but on the grass, surrounded by all the hotties in purple (just kidding -- my wife sometimes reads over my shoulder!). Congrats on getting your kids onto the field and mingling with the players and coach. We have had many great training experiences for the kids in our family, especially this season with the new scheduling format.

After yesterday's turnout, I expect to see Annapolis in the mix for future seasons. Bisciotti certainly looked pleased and Harbaugh had many nice things to say.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by PAravenfan View Post
    My family and I made the trip from Central PA. Great venue, very polite security and employees. I have to say the Ravens go out of their way to make sure the kids have a great time. I truly appreciate what they do for the handicapped kids, especially my daughter who was treated like a Queen. Here are a few pics, too many to post. She made me post her favorite player, but EVERY player who saw her made sure they stopped and signed her helmet.

That's awesome. Looks like you guys had a great time.

We had a great time, although we got there at noon, and the place was eerily quiet. It just didn't have that football feel until about 2.

Although both my son and I got a TShirt.. I found that whole thing really freaking annoying. Not only do you have the teenage punks knocking people over to get them, or stealing them from your hand... but honestly I was there to WATCH the practice. Kinda hard to do with 500 hundred people standing up to get a shirt. (They really should have just handed them out to the first 5000 fans or something)
    Having said that, from what I could see LaQuan really seemed to stick out, and both Cundiff and Tucker looked good.

I was happy that my son was able to get so many autographs, I was almost afraid he'd gets pushed around by the bigger kids.
    "Meeting" Webb was the highlight of his day.

All and all it was a great day, beautiful weather. I hope they do this every year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TurtlesNBirds View Post
    I sat closer to the offense during individual drills, but when they went to the 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills, the defense still appeared to have the slight upper hand. Thompson scored a few times, and LaQuan made some nice catches. I noticed Torrey (walking a little gingerly) went through the individual drills, but sat out the remainder of practice. The fact he actually practiced with an injury and Doss continues to sit out seems a little odd. Both Cundiff and Tucker made some impressive kicks from the sideline. Fun atmosphere, hope they come back next year.

Yeah, the announced crowd according to the Sun was actually higher (by only 11 people) at the Navy stadium.
    Torrey played a majority of the year last season with a sports hernia. He's a tough kid who wants to be out on the field.

Doss should start drinking a little of what Torrey does to get some of that tough guy mojo.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Torrey played a majority of the year last season with a sports hernia. He's a tough kid who wants to be out on the field.

Doss should start drinking a little of what Torrey does to get some of that tough guy mojo.
    Yeah, I'm sure the staff is on it 100%, but hope he's not pushing it. He also played the last month of college through a leg injury, knock on wood it's just a minor thing.

Jess, agree with the t-shirt giveaway. Nice they gave them out, but a little distracting the entire section would stand up in the middle of a play.

PA - awesome! So glad to hear they treated you guys so well. We are very very lucky to have such a well run organization and quality owner.

Blog Entries

Bisciotti didn't start pitching the idea til about a year ago although he always wanted to do it there. It's his home area. Looks like they'll be going back.

Sounds like a great success.

On how long ago owner Steve Bisciotti pitched the idea to have a practice at the Naval Academy: "Probably, I'd say as long as a year ago. I'm having a tough time remembering. Right from the beginning I think Steve was excited about having practice here. It's beautiful, it's huge, it's his home area. The people here are great, so it's turned out it's a grand slam; no doubt about it."