Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Annapolis Practice

Lets paint Annapolis purple people!

Re: Annapolis Practice

Quote Originally Posted by 73doubledown73 View Post
    Lets paint Annapolis purple people!
    I've planned on it all summer
    No better way to spend the last day of my 20's (:( ) than drunk in a parking lot and watching the Ravens (in some capacity)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

We have been looking forward to this for 13 years ... after a Ravens social event in Annapolis in 1999, Steve Bisciotti stated that he would like to have a Ravens-Redskins scrimmage in Annapolis, but told us that Little Danny Snyder would not want to play ball.

Many years ago, there used to be a Colts-Redskins rookie game held here each August.

Advice to anyone coming: sit on the Navy side of the stadium -- get the Sun to your back.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

About to head over in a few, luckily I live less than 10 min away from the Navy stadium. Weather should be nice, not too hot at the moment.

Blog Entries

for those who attended what was the crowd like?

It was a nice crowd...except the old lady who wrestled the tshirt outta my hand. Saw lots of Severna Park, Broadneck and Annapolis alums (not shockingly).

Blog Entries

Can anyone give a run down on how everyone looked, who impressed who didn't etc... The Ravens website crew let us down with the live streaming yet again!

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    for those who attended what was the crowd like?
    About half the size of the Baltimore crowd. There appeared to be a greater proportion of small kids than in Baltimore -- I believe the 6-14 kids-only autograph policy was better publicized and drew them out. The adults seemed more lively, perhaps due to the cooler temps. Or maybe more were loaded from all-day tailgating in the lower heat.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Can anyone give a run down on how everyone looked, who impressed who didn't etc... The Ravens website crew let us down with the live streaming yet again!
    I don't know how "everyone" looked, because I was distracted by the sexy blonde in a revealing purple tank top sitting by me most of the game.

In between glancing at this fine young specimen, and taking into consideration that we had a liquid tailgate party, these were my observations: Tyrod's throws seemed sharper than at previous camps, when he was looping them. He tossed a nice 35 yard TD pass. The kickers were about even. Tommy Streeter showed some good breakaway speed, but he doesn't look robust enough to play in the NFL. Our DBs looked kinda lazy. Curtis Painter should make the squad.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Laquan Williams made a couple of nice TD grabs. One with the first team, and one with the second I believe.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

The announced crowd was 20k+, which would make it about equal to the M&T practice. Maybe since it was more kids, it felt a lot more relaxed?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Laquan Williams made a couple of nice TD grabs. One with the first team, and one with the second I believe.
    I'm really excited about LaQuan. I think he could really complement Torrey in the future when Boldin moves on. Plus it's just awesome having 2 former Terp receivers.

I was there for about a half hour with my 6 year old and my 3 month old. Had to take them both since my wife decided on a girls day out wine tasting.

Needless to say it didn't go well and we had to leave, but actually because the 6 year old got bored while I attended to our 3 month old. The need to abort sucked, because it was a fun atmosphere with a lot of spirited fans. I hated to leave. Really hope they do it next year, which I'll be planning to attend either with adults or possibly just my oldest daughter. There were a lot of kid-friendly activities that she could've done if I hadn't had the baby with us, that would've made it more fun for her.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...