If Matt Birk still can't get back on the field next week, I'm not sure if Gino is ready to face that defensive front of Detroit. Matt Birk has been dealing with some back spasms for most of TC so far, hopefully he makes it back on the field, but he missed pretty much all of the pre season last year.

So I was thinking about Marshal Yanda moving over to center with the first team while Gino gets more accustomed to the NFL pace with the second team offense. He did some good things against Atlanta, but he also made some mistakes, and looked lost at times making the calls that Birk does so well. I'm not sure if Yanda has ever taken snaps at center, but I'm pretty confident he'd be pretty damn good playing there. He plays well at right tackle, and is probably the best right guard in football, so I'm sure playing center wont be too much of a challenge for him while Birk makes his way back. This would also mean KO could move over to right guard while McKinnie will likely come back as the first team LT moving Oher back over to RT.

An Oline of McKinnie, Williams, Yanda, KO, and Oher is about as physical as you can get.

Thoughts?