Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marshal Yanda

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Because you don't want Suh blasting up the middle and taking Rice or Flacco out, oh man what a nightmare that would be.
    This post just gave me bad anxiety.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Marshal Yanda

What is the obsession with Boren around here?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    If Matt Birk still can't get back on the field next week, I'm not sure if Gino is ready to face that defensive front of Detroit. Matt Birk has been dealing with some back spasms for most of TC so far, hopefully he makes it back on the field, but he missed pretty much all of the pre season last year.

So I was thinking about Marshal Yanda moving over to center with the first team while Gino gets more accustomed to the NFL pace with the second team offense. He did some good things against Atlanta, but he also made some mistakes, and looked lost at times making the calls that Birk does so well. I'm not sure if Yanda has ever taken snaps at center, but I'm pretty confident he'd be pretty damn good playing there. He plays well at right tackle, and is probably the best right guard in football, so I'm sure playing center wont be too much of a challenge for him while Birk makes his way back. This would also mean KO could move over to right guard while McKinnie will likely come back as the first team LT moving Oher back over to RT.

An Oline of McKinnie, Williams, Yanda, KO, and Oher is about as physical as you can get.

Thoughts?
    No Yanda best postion would be RG. We dont need to move him. Matt Birk needs to put a heating pad on his back and get his ass on the field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    What is the obsession with Boren around here?
    No obsession, but he may be a positive OG/C back-up. I personally think so. What is your problem with him? ... Bc

Birk is practicing...

Blog Entries

Yeah Birk is back, you can pretty much rule this idea out completely. Good news that he's back though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah, but you expect him to be back soon.

Why not get everybody else where they will be so when he comes back, we are all ready to go?
    This is what they are trying to do and I agree with you here. The offensive line is about unity.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    No obsession, but he may be a positive OG/C back-up. I personally think so. What is your problem with him? ... Bc
    Boren is a guy who could contribute, but whenever a guy is UDFA, there's a reason. The odds are greater for this guy being solid depth rather than being spectacular gem. Also, I've heard many opinions that he's not very fluid at C...much much better at G.

FWIW, if Birk isn't a go, it's going to be Gradkowski. If they were concerned about him "starting" at C (for a preseason game), Yanda would've been the C against the Falcons.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Lets make this easier on ourselves and just ask Jim Swartz to tone it down in his hometown. Better yet, tell his mother to tell him;).

I feel you either leave Gino or start Boren instead. Just stress the importance of protection before this game and give him reps against Ngata.

I admit I was hard on Gino after the early struggles in ATL, but he settled nicely. The players we expect to make an impact for us this year need the reps.