Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

Discuss.

Blog Entries

Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

There's good things and bad things.

This definitely gives the left more ammo to play demagogues (not that they needed it).

He's the only one who put a plan forward to deal with our debt and spending problems.

Horrible pick.

Hands Florida to Obama. Ryan is already a hated figure with seniors since he wants to cap Medicare spending. Seniors, those 65+ make up 17% of the vote. In a race this close, it all but assures FL to Obama.

Mitt needed to pick someone either very neutral / vanilla as to not push a state to blue, or pick someone that would have handed him a state like Rubio or Portman.

Pretty poor pick IMO.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-11-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Blog Entries

The thing is though HR, Ryan's plan does NOTHING to Medicare for those 55 and older. If they can make that point, it SHOULD calm down some of those seniors.

It's not a great pick IMO either, but I guess we'll see if we're right soon enough.

Paul Ryan is NOT hated by Seniors. Don't play into the Democrat narrative on that Houston. Picking Ryan also puts Wisconsin in play, and fires up the Conservative base which like it or not Romney needs.

And now we get to talk about jobs and the economy again, which Obama just does not want to talk about. I'm extremely excited about this pick.

Democrat narrative? I don't even know what that means. Anybody Mitt picked would have been shat on by the Dems.

Take a look at any polling done by the AARP and other senior interest groups. They overwhelmingly hate the Ryan Plan.

Whether or not my facts are off about the plan is immaterial. That's how his plan is perceived and perception is reality.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Democrat narrative? I don't even know what that means. Anybody Mitt picked would have been shat on by the Dems.

Take a look at any polling done by the AARP and other senior interest groups. They overwhelmingly hate the Ryan Plan.

Whether or not my facts are off about the plan is immaterial. That's how his plan is perceived and perception is reality.
    AARP? Seriously? They are so overwhelmingly Obama that I immediately discount anything that comes out of them. Look at the seniors that were in that crowd today. They don't look scared to me.

Now Ryan gets to set this bullshit straight to a national audience. This senior hate is a Dem narrative, and you do know what I mean.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

I will say this. I've gotten text, emails and facebook updates from people not excited AT ALL about Mitt, who are now stoked.

Hopefully this now turns this to a substantive debate.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I will say this. I've gotten text, emails and facebook updates from people not excited AT ALL about Mitt, who are now stoked.

Hopefully this now turns this to a substantive debate.
    Not to mention my liberal friends are falling over themselves trying to already demonize Ryan. There is a genuine concern coming from the left over this. This was the right choice. Rubio and Allan would have been attacked as tokens to pander to minorities. I would have liked Jindal as well, but I am very satisfied with Paul Ryan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Not to mention my liberal friends are falling over themselves trying to already demonize Ryan. There is a genuine concern coming from the left over this. This was the right choice. Rubio and Allan would have been attacked as tokens to pander to minorities. I would have liked Jindal as well, but I am very satisfied with Paul Ryan.
    Exactly right. The demonetization and demagoguery was coming no matter what. Do we need to go back a thread or two about Romney killed my wife?

For ME, I like the pick. Initially as a political move it's so-so, if they get out in front of the medicare concern HR is bringing up it's a great move.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/1...rability-3925/

Not worried about seniors.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Wow

A new Gallup/USA Today poll contains a counterintuitive finding: the age group most receptive to House Budget Chair Paul Ryan‘s plan to deal with the budget – seniors.

The poll finds 48 percent of seniors (those 65 and over) support Ryan’s plan over President Obama‘s plan, while 42 percent back the president.

That’s the highest total among the age groups tested – a 47 percent plurality between the ages of 50 and 64 backed Ryan, and a 45 percent plurality of those between 30-49 backed Ryan. But young voters overwhelmingly sided with Obama by a 23-point margin, 53 to 30 percent.