Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 82

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent



    Discuss.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,356

    Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

    There's good things and bad things.

    This definitely gives the left more ammo to play demagogues (not that they needed it).

    He's the only one who put a plan forward to deal with our debt and spending problems.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,248
    Horrible pick.

    Hands Florida to Obama. Ryan is already a hated figure with seniors since he wants to cap Medicare spending. Seniors, those 65+ make up 17% of the vote. In a race this close, it all but assures FL to Obama.

    Mitt needed to pick someone either very neutral / vanilla as to not push a state to blue, or pick someone that would have handed him a state like Rubio or Portman.

    Pretty poor pick IMO.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-11-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,356

    Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

    The thing is though HR, Ryan's plan does NOTHING to Medicare for those 55 and older. If they can make that point, it SHOULD calm down some of those seniors.

    It's not a great pick IMO either, but I guess we'll see if we're right soon enough.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #5

    Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

    Paul Ryan is NOT hated by Seniors. Don't play into the Democrat narrative on that Houston. Picking Ryan also puts Wisconsin in play, and fires up the Conservative base which like it or not Romney needs.

    And now we get to talk about jobs and the economy again, which Obama just does not want to talk about. I'm extremely excited about this pick.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,194
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Horrible pick.

    Hands Florida to Obama. Ryan is already a hated figure with seniors since he wants to cap Medicare spending. Seniors, those 65+ make up 17% of the vote. In a race this close, it all but assures FL to Obama.

    Mitt needed to pick someone either very neutral / vanilla as to not push a state to blue, or pick someone that would have handed him a state like Rubio or Portman.

    Pretty poor pick IMO.
    You're right about FLA, another stupid move by the GOP and gives FLA and the WH to OBY. Rubio would have been the better choice
    there. It will get some of the conservatives though but not enough. The Christians still won't vote.

    If seniors are worried about Ryan and his plan does not effect anyone now on medicare or SS, wait til
    they see O BUMMER CARE with all the death panels.

    That's what drew me to Herman Cain. He had cancer operation and said he would be dead now with
    O BUMMER CARE. He wouldn't have been given the opportunity for the surgery. Instead it would have
    gone to a young girl so she could live a long life.

    And wait til you see the tie up when you are admitted to the hospital and wait for months for an x-ray
    like they do in Canada. I have posted many links on this the past few years.


    Speaking of seniors, I haven't been posting much because we just moved my mom into an assistive
    living facility. She's upset so Im spending a lot of time there with her and ate there tonight. She's getting excellent care there and they have brought down her blood sugar levels.

    I had been caring for her and kept her out of one for 3 years and then my sister took her in the but her sugar numbers remained high so we admitted her.

    I also posted links where some countries in Europe are closing nursing homes. They want the children to take care of their parents. ILMAO, that's the wait it was done for 4,000 yrs before socialism took over.



    But when I'm 88, they probably won't be there under O BUMMER CARE here. I posted a link where in Europe they are closing nursing homes and want the children to take them in. My sister did this for as long as she could. The state still pays for them but I hate to think when I'm 88.

    Think I'll just crawl on some beach and sleep with the fishes.

    Scares the hell out of me.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-12-2012 at 12:26 AM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,194
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

    Galen got his feelings hurt here and left but was right about one thing - he kept the forum moving. I miss the laughs. I posted a link from scout where he was posting the same links and was getting his ass kicked there too.

    I miss him.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,248
    Democrat narrative? I don't even know what that means. Anybody Mitt picked would have been shat on by the Dems.

    Take a look at any polling done by the AARP and other senior interest groups. They overwhelmingly hate the Ryan Plan.

    Whether or not my facts are off about the plan is immaterial. That's how his plan is perceived and perception is reality.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,356

    Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

    I will say this. I've gotten text, emails and facebook updates from people not excited AT ALL about Mitt, who are now stoked.

    Hopefully this now turns this to a substantive debate.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  10. #10

    Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I will say this. I've gotten text, emails and facebook updates from people not excited AT ALL about Mitt, who are now stoked.

    Hopefully this now turns this to a substantive debate.
    Not to mention my liberal friends are falling over themselves trying to already demonize Ryan. There is a genuine concern coming from the left over this. This was the right choice. Rubio and Allan would have been attacked as tokens to pander to minorities. I would have liked Jindal as well, but I am very satisfied with Paul Ryan.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,356

    Re: Paul Ryan VP announcement imminent

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Not to mention my liberal friends are falling over themselves trying to already demonize Ryan. There is a genuine concern coming from the left over this. This was the right choice. Rubio and Allan would have been attacked as tokens to pander to minorities. I would have liked Jindal as well, but I am very satisfied with Paul Ryan.
    Exactly right. The demonetization and demagoguery was coming no matter what. Do we need to go back a thread or two about Romney killed my wife?

    For ME, I like the pick. Initially as a political move it's so-so, if they get out in front of the medicare concern HR is bringing up it's a great move.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Democrat narrative? I don't even know what that means. Anybody Mitt picked would have been shat on by the Dems.

    Take a look at any polling done by the AARP and other senior interest groups. They overwhelmingly hate the Ryan Plan.

    Whether or not my facts are off about the plan is immaterial. That's how his plan is perceived and perception is reality.
    AARP? Seriously? They are so overwhelmingly Obama that I immediately discount anything that comes out of them. Look at the seniors that were in that crowd today. They don't look scared to me.

    Now Ryan gets to set this bullshit straight to a national audience. This senior hate is a Dem narrative, and you do know what I mean.

    Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland