Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Stevenson University Training Camp

Hold on, why are they having a lottery if they have a freaking stadium, however small it might be???

How in the world can a few thousand people not be accommodated???

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Hold on, why are they having a lottery if they have a freaking stadium, however small it might be???

How in the world can a few thousand people not be accommodated???
    Because they anticipate more than just a few thousand showing up...especially when there are only 2 other practices that everyone could come to.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Because they anticipate more than just a few thousand showing up...especially when there are only 2 other practices that everyone could come to.
    So in that case the lottery selects 3,500 people right? Or is it 200?

I mean they have a stadium that holds 3,500 (I looked it up) And parking for said stadium, for games and such. It is a college, with expansive parking all around the campus, so why in the hell are we having a "lottery" for a couple hundred people??

They should EASILY be able to accommodate thousands, not 200.

I mean they have a stadium that holds 3,500 (I looked it up) And parking for said stadium, for games and such. It is a college, with expansive parking all around the campus, so why in the hell are we having a "lottery" for a couple hundred people??

I'm sure they picked a couple thousand out of that lotto and not just 200.

I don't recall the Ravens limiting the number of tickets to Stevenson to 200 (which is the number which they announced for Owings Mills.)

In any event, if not one of the lucky 4,000 invitees to Stevenson, why not come to Navy-Marine Corps Stadium on Sunday? The weather should be much milder than it was at the stadium in Baltimore. I have some friends who live in Baltimore City & County who act as if the Beltway is the edge of the earth . The Navy stadium is just 20 miles south of the Beltway.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't recall the Ravens limiting the number of tickets to Stevenson to 200 (which is the number which they announced for Owings Mills.)

In any event, if not one of the lucky 4,000 invitees to Stevenson, why not come to Navy-Marine Corps Stadium on Sunday? The weather should be much milder than it was at the stadium in Baltimore. I have some friends who live in Baltimore City & County who act as if the Beltway is the edge of the earth . The Navy stadium is just 20 miles south of the Beltway.
    It isn't really about me getting there or not, I will travel long distances to see the Ravens. Of course Stevenson is about 10 min away vs about 40 for Navy Stadium.

It is about a "lottery" for a stadium that can hold over 3,500 people. How many people do you actually think signed up?? Might not have even been 3,500. Hell I thought the lotteries were just for the facility, and I follow the Ravens more than 99.9% of casual fans I am guessing.

A better approach would be to have it open to the first 3,500 people that signed up.

By having a "lottery" the implication is that only a select few will be able to attend, and that is all well and good for a place like the Castle, but ridiculous for a local college with ample facilities to accommodate many more.

Color me shocked if thousands of fans show up at Stevenson, aint happening.

For the record I have no problem with the decision they made to move it to Owings Mills, and was in favor of the move and said so here at the time. I just have no idea why there is even a "lottery" for the Stevenson practice, it makes no sense.

Blog Entries

they are having a lottery for stevenson because it only holds 3500 people and cant handle 10-20k people like M &T or Navy stadium. If they didnt do the lottery there would be thousands of fans trying to get to the practice and not being able to get in or even get close to the college because the roads around the college are not set up to handle that kind of traffic

Blog Entries

TJFS, I'm willing to bet something with you that Stevenson University will be filled to capacity. Seriously, there are people who probably planned to go to all 3 stadium practices, or people who were interested in going to OM for practice. Probably a few people who were smarter than I and realized that the OM practice would be nice and smaller than the packed nature of M&T and Naval Stadium.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It isn't really about me getting there or not, I will travel long distances to see the Ravens. Of course Stevenson is about 10 min away vs about 40 for Navy Stadium.

It is about a "lottery" for a stadium that can hold over 3,500 people. How many people do you actually think signed up?? Might not have even been 3,500. Hell I thought the lotteries were just for the facility, and I follow the Ravens more than 99.9% of casual fans I am guessing.

A better approach would be to have it open to the first 3,500 people that signed up.

By having a "lottery" the implication is that only a select few will be able to attend, and that is all well and good for a place like the Castle, but ridiculous for a local college with ample facilities to accommodate many more.

Color me shocked if thousands of fans show up at Stevenson, aint happening.

For the record I have no problem with the decision they made to move it to Owings Mills, and was in favor of the move and said so here at the time. I just have no idea why there is even a "lottery" for the Stevenson practice, it makes no sense.
    20,000+ showed up to M&T...is it crazy to think that 5-6 thousand may try and go to Stevenson? Why do you not think more than 3500 will show up...even in Westminster there were routine crowds in the thousands...and now with the number of practices people are allowed to watch, each practice will draw a large number of fans. For people who don't want to drive to Annapolis in Baltimore (like T alluded too), Stevenson would draw a LOT of fans from Baltimore.

I think you are reading way too much into this. If less than 3500 entered the lotto, then all of them will get in. I don't see any problem with how they are handling this.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 08-11-2012 at 08:40 AM.

When you entered the lottey you could select up to 4 tickets. So if everyone was greedy it was 3500 divided by 4. Surely if you won it would not be a problem finding others to attend with you. Or has anyone checked Ebay..???

In a follow up...2 tickets on Ebay. Starting bid $50.

Note for those bringing kids to Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium tomorrow: the autograph area for kids for ages 6-14 looks to be secure and well-organized. Hopefully the kids will be able to meet players and get a few autographs:

AUTOGRAPHS: The first three rows of Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium will be roped off and security will only allow children ages 4 through 14 to enter the area designated for post-practice autographs toward the end of practice.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).