Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stevenson University Training Camp

Woo Hoo! Just got picked in the lottery for the Sunday August 19th practice at Stevenson University. I've never been to Stevenson... is it big like Towson or more like a nice High School stadium/field. I've been to a couple of the old Training Camps out in WM but I didn't care about meeting players, etc. But this time I'll have a 5 year old boy with me. What should I expect as far as access to players for my kid to see some guys up close or even a photo-opp...?

Re: Stevenson University Training Camp

I did a google maps aerial view and this looks like the only athletic fields they have. I may be mistaken though.

stevenson.jpg
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

That is what show's up when I type in the address in the email... but that doesn't look like this...

http://www.gomustangsports.com/sport...20120807mdl15x

Isn't this the old Colts training complex?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It said was built for the Colts in 1980... It was used by the Ravens in 1996.

EDIT: from the link...

"The Baltimore Ravens will hold the final of three off-site training camp practices at Stevenson's Mustang Stadium on Sunday, August 19. The University's Caves Athletics Complex in Owings Mills was the first NFL training facility and headquarters of the Ravens in 1996 that was originally built for the Baltimore Colts in 1980."

Yes, it is. The page Fury linked to says so.

The picture I posted from Google is obviously the wrong place or just old.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    Yes, it is. The page Fury linked to says so.

The picture I posted from Google is obviously the wrong place or just old.
    Probably an old passover photo. I think it's the right place.

I work in the area and it's the old Colts training complex, but they built an actual Div III style stadium around that field. Stevenson isn't like Towson in size in that its very intimate in size. It's about the size of a bigger well funded highschool.

That google maps image is older and there is definately more than what that shows now. There are pictures of it online if you type in Mustang Stadium at Stevenson.

Yup.

There is an actual football stadium there now. Small, but a football stadium. It's new, and if it's anything like the other facilities they've built out there, it's nice, though I haven't been in it.

That image, flraven, is from a few years ago. I've been on the field when it looked like that. There's a stadium there now.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    What should I expect as far as access to players for my kid to see some guys up close or even a photo-opp...?
    Pretty impressive facility. Go to about 1:00:

We've taken the little ones in our family to two training camp facilities thus far (we'll make it our 3rd at Annapolis this Sunday unless it rains). At Owings Mills, there were only about 15 kids in age group 6-14, out of the announced 200 fans (I believe it was under 100 due to the heat). There was a special autograph area at the Castle, no adult competition -- our kids got a dozen or more autographs each, but no photos. At the Stadium at Camden Yards, there were announced 20,000; we left early due to the heat, but heard from others who stayed that the autograph sessions were chaotic.

Per the video above, Mustang Stadium holds about 4,000. Therefore I would expect the kids opportunities to be in-between Owings Mills and Baltimore.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

could you enter both the stevenson and OM lotteries?

I skipped the Stevenson because i figured if I was going to a public practice, best to go M&T and give my son the stadium experience. But I never even thought that Stevenson would be small, cozy, probably easier access to players.

Yeah, M&T autographs...you really had to be in good position to get them, because you WERE competing with EVERYONE else. So adults pushed their way to the front and just camped out.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Probably an old passover photo. I think it's the right place.
    "passover"? Was it a Jewish holiday when the photo was taken? :D ... Bc