Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The HOLY SHIT OUR SEASON IS OVER thread

I mean why did we give Ray Rice all that money? He did not do anything last night. What a disappointing performance (wink)

Maybe we can offer to trade Painter to GB for Rodgers then I bet people would stop complaining about our backup QB situtation....come on Ozzie get off your ass and do something! lol
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Maybe we can offer to trade Painter to GB for Rodgers then I bet people would stop complaining about our backup QB situtation....come on Ozzie get off your ass and do something! lol
    Oh at this point, the Packers would have to give more than Rodgers for Painter.
    Perhaps add in their 1st round draft choice too? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Oh at this point, the Packers would have to give more than Rodgers for Painter.
    Perhaps add in their 1st round draft choice too? ... Bc
    No Rodgers please, can't stand his signature move after scoring. LOL Dumb commercials too. Now Mathews I would welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Its not Flacco that's cause for concern - its the playcalling (and the O line) for the 1st three series. Seems to me the offensive coordinater bears some of the responsibility for that.
    Wait, you mean there's play calling in preseason games? When did they start doing that?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Its not Flacco that's cause for concern - its the playcalling (and the O line) for the 1st three series. Seems to me the offensive coordinater bears some of the responsibility for that.
    Uhm can you please elaborate on how the play calling in the first three should present a cause for concern? Most of the calls where passing plays, which I thought is what everyone wanted here? Oh now, you will probably say something stupid like "Run first two downs every possession!" Which didn't happen btw.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Uhm can you please elaborate on how the play calling in the first three should present a cause for concern? Most of the calls where passing plays, which I thought is what everyone wanted here? Oh now, you will probably say something stupid like "Run first two downs every possession!" Which didn't happen btw.
    Do you ever wonder how some people around here weren't hired as the OC?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Do you ever wonder how some people around here weren't hired as the OC?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Add GM, Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator, Special Teams Coordinator, Scout, etc... to that list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Add GM, Head Coach, Defensive Coordinator, Special Teams Coordinator, Scout, etc... to that list.
    Haha

Wow. After having actually now watched the first half of the game, I cannot even begin to describe how NOT concerned that game makes me.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    LOL...it's the "it didn't work, so Cam stupidly called the wrong play" syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Wow. After having actually now watched the first half of the game, I cannot even begin to describe how NOT concerned that game makes me.

- C -
    I agree...I watched the game again and the tempo and playcalling was exactly what people wanted. Nobody on the OL got flat out beat...just mental errors in the middle...particularly by the 4th round rookie which was to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LOL...it's the "it didn't work, so Cam stupidly called the wrong play" syndrome.

I agree...I watched the game again and the tempo and playcalling was exactly what people wanted. Nobody on the OL got flat out beat...just mental errors in the middle...particularly by the 4th round rookie which was to be expected.
    Doesn't matter.

Everything is Cam's fault.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

- C -
    This ^^^ I joined this board after reading for about 4 years religiously...we are on the right track people...will we win the Super Bowl this year...who the hell knows...but we are trying to make improvements from last year...last year we were one drop from a Super Bowl (or one missed kick from tieing it...and being the "bride"). People can call us "bridesmaids" all they want but 14 other teams each year in the AFC would love a chance at being the bridesmaids. We try to make "improvements" to the playbook and gameplan and people bitch...there are growing pains when you try something new...it is the preseason...when else are you going to try it??? I am as critical of Cam as everyone else...there are times I scream from my seat in Section 524 what the hell are you doing Cam...but I also got to scream it during a home playoff game meaning we were doing something right which means the fact remains we put a winning team on the field. If we want slight changes to that winning team than we have to put up with some growing pains through the preseason and gasp......even maybe the beginning of the season (as long as we win I am okay with some growing pains). People, in multiple threads (not all of you...most of you know what you are talking about) act like we need to overhaul this offensive. The only thing we need is for this Oline to gel and Cam be willing to listen to Caldwell and Flacco to a point...the pieces are in place...enjoy the ride GO RAVENS!!!