Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Torrey Smith Sprain Ankle

Quote Originally Posted by ccoolahan14 View Post
    From Jamison Hensley today:

"Wide receiver Torrey Smith continued to go hard despite favoring his sprained ankle, which he injured in the preseason opener. Harbaugh had to pull a determined Smith from practice, saying, "He'll go until his heart explodes."

Like I said earlier, I saw him limping at practice yesterday (I'm not sure why this was so hard to believe, but apparently it was).
    Definitely saw it too, I mentioned it in another thread. I was kinda surprised he suited up yesterday, glad Harbs pulled him today.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post

I hope this doesn't linger and I don't want him to get a injury label. Remember last year after a couple of passes that he would hit the ground and get up limping? I'm not saying there is an issue because the kid is tough for playing with a hernia last year.
    Only a complete buffoon would label Torrey "injury prone", especially when he had no such issues in college and is coming off a 16 game season without any even minor injury that I can think of.

That said, I am sure there are plenty in the media and fanbase who would jump to that ridiculous conclusion over the most common sports injury you could possibly have in a sprained ankle. A mild one at that.

Blog Entries

hes no tandon doss, that's for sure...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!