Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WMAR telecast - scoring bar obstruction

That black band showing the score is obstructing the upper 1/8th of the screen. Makes it nearly unwatchable!
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70

Re: WMAR telecast - scoring bar obstruction

The whole telecast was annoying, from the black band being in the way to Gerry Sandusky ragging on the officials for being nervous (calling Atlanta Arizona) when he himself was making twice as many mistakes...anybody else catch his call of the touchback a touchdown?

The WJLA telecast had audio from some drama show while it was showing the Ravens game. Really weird, lol.

I hated that the color was off. I have a properly calibrated TV and it was like bluish and dark. The same broadcast on NFL network when they'd do a peak in looked fine. However, it was coming from the ATL side. he production crew needs to do a better job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The WJLA telecast had audio from some drama show while it was showing the Ravens game. Really weird, lol.
    damn that's priceless. wish i could've seen/heard it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Its a classic case of letting the graphics techies out of their little holes. Its the techies vision of the world - form over function. Never mind its a football game that people want to watch - lets saturate the image with all these information overlays - so that the viewer gets all the information that we think they ought to have - as opposed to what they really want. Another prime example of this is the worst, graphically overdone, website in the world - www.baltimoreravens.com

That was annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Its a classic case of letting the graphics techies out of their little holes. Its the techies vision of the world - form over function. Never mind its a football game that people want to watch - lets saturate the image with all these information overlays - so that the viewer gets all the information that we think they ought to have - as opposed to what they really want. Another prime example of this is the worst, graphically overdone, website in the world - www.baltimoreravens.com
    Except that BR.com has won numerous awards since it's inception.

I am really starting to think you simply throw negative stuff to a wall and see what sticks. There are other message boards out there that cater to this. You might be happier there?

I was very disappointed with the coverage, especially in the first quarter. They never said who the defensive or offensive starters were or showed it graphically. Then they wouldn't identify who just made the play. They just chatted about this and that, very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    I was very disappointed with the coverage, especially in the first quarter. They never said who the defensive or offensive starters were or showed it graphically. Then they wouldn't identify who just made the play. They just chatted about this and that, very annoying.
    Give them a break. It was their preseason as well:)

I am in full agreement. That TV screen was as bad our worse than any network broadcast. Added to the top band of meaningless distraction was the Flood warning. Certainly there is technology to remove these annoying graphics once the huddle is broken. Poor production!

One thing positive I will say: no childish robot as in the Fox NFL broadcasts.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'm with T on this one. I'd rather see the extraneous graphics minimized ...on all television, really ...and certainly on football telecasts. Guess I'm just old-school on these things, but I want to watch the action on the field without distractions (yes, go ahead and cue the "Old Man yells at cloud" image...)