Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 132 of 158
  1. #121

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms



    Gaither and his agent are smarter then other players and agents. He's making money, saving himself for better times, and will play again eventually. SD and Norv will most likely have a similiar season to last year and Gaither will pick and choose his games. The guy is doing better then most of us financially and only works hard when he wants to. It's a great life for him.




  2. #122

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    See, but one of the worlds leading spine specialists had no problem diagnosing him...

    To me, the Ravens Medical staff have a very poor track record, to the point that i buy most other teams' doctor's then the Ravens. Any outside specialist would take prescedence over our team doctors in my mind.
    Not again with the "one of the worlds leading spine specialists had no problem diagnosing him". This has already been thoroughly addressed. The diagnosis was completely predicated on Gaither's input. It was not in any way predicated on objective tests. It also was a diagnosis that did not call for anything more than a handful of weeks rest (not handful of months). And again, the doc was hired by Gaither/Rosenhaus for a fee, and intelligent doctors do not accuse their patients of being liars, even if the patient's complaints do not match their findings. The doctor also cleared Gaither to play a week before Gaither failed a physical. It is pretty obvious that "one of the worlds leading spine specialists" gives the diagnosis he did, regardless of the actual situation; which is why it carries little weight.

    Gaither hates to practice. Period. There seems to be no amount of evidence possible that will make some of the Gaither defenders recognize this reality. What exactly would it take for you guys to believe he is milking/faking to avoid practice? He isn't going to admit it. He can always find/pay doctors to give nebulous guesses about his possible condition as long as he says "ouch" when the doc examines him. What would it take to change your mind?

    The problem with the idea that Gaither is actually hurt (as much as he acts like he is) is that a) there has yet to be an objective test that shows any injury and the NFL spares no expense trying to treat their investments, b) he seems to recover and get re-injured over and over without any event in between that causes the "injury", and c) he is missing way way too much time for the kind of nagging minor back injuries that might somewhat satisfy a) and b).

    If he practiced 3 days and missed a couple for minor nebulous pain and then practiced 8 days and missed a couple for pain/strain, etc, then I could buy he has a weak back (due to conditioning or minor ailment) and he might be actually trying. Or if he went down and the injury showed up anywhere (i.e. he didn't need to keep seeing different doctors constantly like he is), then I could buy he might be trying. Or, if he showed any improvement whatsoever, which should occur naturally with weeks of rest (and proper treatment) regardless of the injury (i.e. a timetable was set, even if long, and he marched towards recovery), rather than the mystery-minor-injury stasis he tends to get in whereby he cannot even suit up and no one knows why, then I could buy he might be trying. That is what it would take for me to change my take on the situation. What would it take for Gaither apologists to change theirs? That isn't rhetorical, I am honestly curious.




  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,156
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Gaither and his agent are smarter then other players and agents. He's making money, saving himself for better times, and will play again eventually. SD and Norv will most likely have a similiar season to last year and Gaither will pick and choose his games. The guy is doing better then most of us financially and only works hard when he wants to. It's a great life for him.
    Agreed. He got 9 million in his pocket, and he doesn't have to play a game. He will be set for life if he is smart about his finances.




  4. #124

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Not again with the "one of the worlds leading spine specialists had no problem diagnosing him". This has already been thoroughly addressed. The diagnosis was completely predicated on Gaither's input. It was not in any way predicated on objective tests. It also was a diagnosis that did not call for anything more than a handful of weeks rest (not handful of months). And again, the doc was hired by Gaither/Rosenhaus for a fee, and intelligent doctors do not accuse their patients of being liars, even if the patient's complaints do not match their findings. The doctor also cleared Gaither to play a week before Gaither failed a physical. It is pretty obvious that "one of the worlds leading spine specialists" gives the diagnosis he did, regardless of the actual situation; which is why it carries little weight.

    Gaither hates to practice. Period. There seems to be no amount of evidence possible that will make some of the Gaither defenders recognize this reality. What exactly would it take for you guys to believe he is milking/faking to avoid practice? He isn't going to admit it. He can always find/pay doctors to give nebulous guesses about his possible condition as long as he says "ouch" when the doc examines him. What would it take to change your mind?

    The problem with the idea that Gaither is actually hurt (as much as he acts like he is) is that a) there has yet to be an objective test that shows any injury and the NFL spares no expense trying to treat their investments, b) he seems to recover and get re-injured over and over without any event in between that causes the "injury", and c) he is missing way way too much time for the kind of nagging minor back injuries that might somewhat satisfy a) and b).

    If he practiced 3 days and missed a couple for minor nebulous pain and then practiced 8 days and missed a couple for pain/strain, etc, then I could buy he has a weak back (due to conditioning or minor ailment) and he might be actually trying. Or if he went down and the injury showed up anywhere (i.e. he didn't need to keep seeing different doctors constantly like he is), then I could buy he might be trying. Or, if he showed any improvement whatsoever, which should occur naturally with weeks of rest (and proper treatment) regardless of the injury (i.e. a timetable was set, even if long, and he marched towards recovery), rather than the mystery-minor-injury stasis he tends to get in whereby he cannot even suit up and no one knows why, then I could buy he might be trying. That is what it would take for me to change my take on the situation. What would it take for Gaither apologists to change theirs? That isn't rhetorical, I am honestly curious.
    An objective analysis that proves there is NOTHING wrong with his back.
    Good luck with all of that.
    The "problem' is that backs ARE nebulous in nature, and most doctors worth a damn will tell you there is very little predictibility with back injuries and there severity. With back injuries there is little to do but take the patients word for it.




  5. #125

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    An objective analysis that proves there is NOTHING wrong with his back.
    Good luck with all of that.
    The "problem' is that backs ARE nebulous in nature, and most doctors worth a damn will tell you there is very little predictibility with back injuries and there severity. With back injuries there is little to do but take the patients word for it.
    There can be no objective proof of that negative. To the extent it is possible, it is exactly what we are looking at here. EVERY test shows NOTHING.

    As for your claim that "there is little to do but take the patients word for it," you are only proving my point, and I thank you for being fair about it (though it is obvious).

    When you tell me that Gaither is actually injured because Gaither says he is injured, and also tell me you will never change your mind until a negative is proven, then you are telling me there is no point in arguing (which is fine).

    But at least spare the argument that an injury definitively exists because a "one of the world's leading specialists" took Gaither's word for it. That is nonsense, as I explained and as you just agreed. Just simply say, "I trust Jared." To which, I would say "his track record and the details lead me to not trust Jared." Then we would be done, agreeing to disagree.




  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    The gift that keeps on giving.
    Made me think of this... LOL


    at 2:42

    For the Chargers its going to give for 3 more years Bwhahahaha




  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    An objective analysis that proves there is NOTHING wrong with his back.
    Good luck with all of that.
    The "problem' is that backs ARE nebulous in nature, and most doctors worth a damn will tell you there is very little predictibility with back injuries and there severity. With back injuries there is little to do but take the patients word for it.
    Oh PUH_LEASE

    Have you ever had a back injury or surgery on your back. I have..

    Gaither is full of SHIT!!!!

    If you are out that long with an injury to your back. There are tests they can run to see if it is really that bad.

    If it is muscles they can be built up to support the spine and back.

    Problem that gaither has now is, he has 9 million reasons to sit on his LAZY ass like he did at MD, Then the Ravens, Then in KC, And now in SD.

    The Chargers should CUT the fkr now and take the losses.




  8. #128

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    There can be no objective proof of that negative. To the extent it is possible, it is exactly what we are looking at here. EVERY test shows NOTHING.

    As for your claim that "there is little to do but take the patients word for it," you are only proving my point, and I thank you for being fair about it (though it is obvious).

    When you tell me that Gaither is actually injured because Gaither says he is injured, and also tell me you will never change your mind until a negative is proven, then you are telling me there is no point in arguing (which is fine).

    But at least spare the argument that an injury definitively exists because a "one of the world's leading specialists" took Gaither's word for it. That is nonsense, as I explained and as you just agreed. Just simply say, "I trust Jared." To which, I would say "his track record and the details lead me to not trust Jared." Then we would be done, agreeing to disagree.
    So you thinkt he doctor simply talked to him and that's what he made his diagnosis from? You don't think he even examined the man? what I'm saying is that when you twist or contort a man's back, you have to trust when he says "ow". If his pattern of 'ow" is consistant with that of one of many other cases the doctor has seen, then he can say something is wrong with it. Not all back problems will show up on an MRi, that is pretty well known.

    Can he be milking it? SUre, but to assume that you know for sure there is NOTHING wrong with him because the raven's doctors didn't see anything on an MRI is patently ridiculous.




  9. #129

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Oh PUH_LEASE

    Have you ever had a back injury or surgery on your back. I have..

    Gaither is full of SHIT!!!!

    If you are out that long with an injury to your back. There are tests they can run to see if it is really that bad.

    If it is muscles they can be built up to support the spine and back.

    Problem that gaither has now is, he has 9 million reasons to sit on his LAZY ass like he did at MD, Then the Ravens, Then in KC, And now in SD.

    The Chargers should CUT the fkr now and take the losses.
    Did you get multiple opinions on yoru back? Did they all agree to a T? Did they all point out on MRI what was wrong with you? Even if YOU are one case where that was possible, that is FAR from normal with back issues.




  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,348
    I can go to 20 doctors, tell all 20 of them my symptoms and all 20 will say its the same injury.

    The proof in the Gaither pudding is his history.

    If folks refuse to see it, it's on them.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Did you get multiple opinions on yoru back? Did they all agree to a T? Did they all point out on MRI what was wrong with you? Even if YOU are one case where that was possible, that is FAR from normal with back issues.
    MRI will not show it if the spine is affected. You need a CT/Mylogram.... Im sure Baby Gaither could barley handle the needle they stick into your spine.

    It is amazing that this guy has had this problem but will NOT let the team doctors send him to a SPECIALIST of their choosing. RED flag here. RED flag there.

    Like I said he now has 9 millions reasons not to do anything but sit on his lazy ASS.

    Track record speaks VOLUMES about him..




  12. #132

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I can go to 20 doctors, tell all 20 of them my symptoms and all 20 will say its the same injury.

    The proof in the Gaither pudding is his history.

    If folks refuse to see it, it's on them.
    With a back problem? Almost no chance. 20 doctors will have at least 5 different ideas about a common back problem.


    Look, you want to say he should and or could be tougher an dplay through pain more often and i'll agree. You wany to say he seems to have a low desire to play through pain or even a low pain threshold and you are probably correct. But to assume you KNOW that there is absolutely nothing wrong with his back is completely foolish. That is thinking your heart instead of your brain. The dude failed a physical in Oakland, and has now missed time in two seperate cities. There is almost certainly something at least intermittently wrong with his back.
    I'm not saying he couldn't or shouldn't be playing through the pain more then he does, simply stating that there is almost certainly pain, at least some times. I'd be highly, highly surprised to find out this was all a figment of his imagination this entire time. There is a mountain of evidence to the contrary.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 09-02-2012 at 01:39 PM.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland