Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm not going to tell you why something "could not have happened" because that's not how arguments work. You don't conjure a story out of thin air and then look for evidence why it "couldn't have happened," and that's exactly what you're presuming we do.

I really am so flabbergasted by your post that I'm not sure how to respond. Your scenario is literally a story, a fairy tale, totally devoid of facts, and there's no way to prove or disprove a non-factual statement.
    Your earlier rant about tin foil hats, conspiracy theories, logic and reason was all bluster that you are unwilling or unable to defend? You do realize you were precisely telling everyone what "could not have happened" in that rant, or no?

You are so flabbergasted that you cannot respond?

And as for how "arguments work".... Neither side "knows" anything here (though you seem to be pretending that you do), and we are merely arguing over possibilities. We have some evidence and facts and we are tasked with trying to explain them. There are competing theories, and the "argument" is about how well the theories fit the facts/evidence. Your initial post was an attempt to undermine the competing theory, but it obviously failed. I would even go so far as to say that (based on all the evidence, some of which occurred since the incident) Occam's Razor supports my theory over yours, but of course that is also "arguable."
    Last edited by Haloti92; 08-09-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    They are two non-conflicting (in fact they are correlated, i.e. common theme is he hates to practice) arguments. And how is the "lazy, hates practice" argument not possibly the current case? And how does it not matter if the injury is real or fake, isn't that what we are discussing or am I missing something?
    if the reason he faked his injury is because he was unhappy with playing RT or his contract as the main reason than this disproves that. If you want to say hes lazy and doesnt want to practice, thats fine but he didnt fake the injury because of his contract or RT because if hes faking it now, its not because of those things, its only leaves practice.

as far as if the injury is real or fake, like houston said were not changing each others opinions, so its pointless. the way i look at it is If hes lazy and doesnt practice (which youre saying is his main goal), hell get out of shape (if he isnt to begin with) and if youre out of shape youre more susceptible to injuries. Thus making the path of least resistance, that the injury is real and caused because hes lazy, not that he lied about an injury to be lazy. He has a reputation as being lazy not a liar and thats what im basing it off of. youre going an extra step and saying hed be willing to lie to be lazy, as well as 2-3 others to cover for him.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    -JAB

Jab, this does not "disprove" anything. It is still perfectly possible he was faking (or exaggerating) a mysterious back ailment because he'd rather lay around and do nothing than play football (at left tackle, right tackle, whatever), and now that he's been paid, he'd rather lay around and do nothing than play football, so he once again fakes or exaggerates an injury.

Personally, I suspect the exaggeration, but you absolutely can not, logically speaking, point to this and call it "proof" that he did not, in the past, fake or exaggerate a back injury to get out of doing something he didn't want to do. Whatever it may have been.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if the reason he faked his injury is because he was unhappy with playing RT or his contract as the main reason than this disproves that. If you want to say hes lazy and doesnt want to practice, thats fine but he didnt fake the injury because of his contract or RT because if hes faking it now, its not because of those things, its only leaves practice.
    This doesn't rule out that he sat out because he was pissed about something earlier. Both can easily be true. We are currently back to square one, lol, no worries though, I really couldn't care less about Gaither's injuries or practice participation now that he is somewhere else; it's the Chargers' problem now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Jab, this does not "disprove" anything. It is still perfectly possible he was faking (or exaggerating) a mysterious back ailment because he'd rather lay around and do nothing than play football (at left tackle, right tackle, whatever), and now that he's been paid, he'd rather lay around and do nothing than play football, so he once again fakes or exaggerates an injury.

Personally, I suspect the exaggeration, but you absolutely can not, logically speaking, point to this and call it "proof" that he did not, in the past, fake or exaggerate a back injury to get out of doing something he didn't want to do. Whatever it may have been.
    those that say he did it because he was unhappy at RT or his contract it does though. You can still argue he faking an injury if you like, i dont believe it obviously, but you cant say he faked it because he was unhappy at RT or his contract because those two things he has and if hes still faking it in this case it has to be another reason. if its practice, so be it, but its not those two things.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    This doesn't rule out that he sat out because he was pissed about something earlier. Both can easily be true. We are currently back to square one, lol, no worries though, I really couldn't care less about Gaither's injuries or practice participation now that he is somewhere else; it's the Chargers' problem now.
    and i can agree with that.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like how you just called someone shitty without really calling them shitty, haha.

Good work.
    LOL. Nah, I was just saying that if I were one to get involved with gauging 'shittiness,' which I am not, I would rate the player-over-team supporter as 'shittier.' But again, I definitely am not the type to gauge 'shittiness.' Definitely not. No way. ;)

You know sometimes I hate this board. I told myself I was not going to get into reading a Gaither thread, I peeked and then got hooked. The volleys for serve, the comedy, the image of a hamster on a wheel, ....

Is there any way to set up a ban on "Gaither-talk" unless he is signed by the Ravens? We already have a token OLine-Loser to talk about.
    Captain Offense

This thread is so intriguing. I was away from this board for a while, but before I left, Gaither was the most polarizing player then and there were 5 page threads of arguments in those threads. It's like I never left, but the arguments I feel are mute with him stealing another teams money now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens420 View Post
    Funny how Gaither played with one arm in 08 and got carted in 09 (with a neck/back injury) and yet people still insist on insulting him. Most people accused him of faking injury, even though there was ZERO LOGICAL REASON for him to do so. People who doubt others injuries are funny. I remember folks claiming Gaither's doctor who recommended that he rest was a quack, but its the same guy peyton manning trusted to cut on his neck. What a shitty group of fans we have at times.
    It was rather comical how some suggested the back was a "phantom injury", even after he FAILED the Raiders physical last year. Now he is still dealing with it, I guess he has been "faking" the back injury for FOUR YEARS now. Yeah that is is, he has fooled numerous NFL teams, doctors all to get out of practice his entire NFL career. Yeah, right.

Of course everyone SWORE they knew better and despite overwhelming evidence that he was really injured, still proclaiming him a liar who just was "lazy" or didn't want to practice.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Not a Raven any more. Had the discussions hundreds of times over to no avail. People have made up their minds either way. Please stop posting topics about him.