Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I'm not going to tell you why something "could not have happened" because that's not how arguments work. You don't conjure a story out of thin air and then look for evidence why it "couldn't have happened," and that's exactly what you're presuming we do.

I really am so flabbergasted by your post that I'm not sure how to respond. Your scenario is literally a story, a fairy tale, totally devoid of facts, and there's no way to prove or disprove a non-factual statement.
    Your earlier rant about tin foil hats, conspiracy theories, logic and reason was all bluster that you are unwilling or unable to defend? You do realize you were precisely telling everyone what "could not have happened" in that rant, or no?

You are so flabbergasted that you cannot respond?

And as for how "arguments work".... Neither side "knows" anything here (though you seem to be pretending that you do), and we are merely arguing over possibilities. We have some evidence and facts and we are tasked with trying to explain them. There are competing theories, and the "argument" is about how well the theories fit the facts/evidence. Your initial post was an attempt to undermine the competing theory, but it obviously failed. I would even go so far as to say that (based on all the evidence, some of which occurred since the incident) Occam's Razor supports my theory over yours, but of course that is also "arguable."
    Last edited by Haloti92; 08-09-2012 at 01:33 PM.