Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gaither Still Hasn't Practiced (Merged)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...chargers-camp/

Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego confirms that Gaither’s back is “healing slower than the Chargers hoped.” Gaither will not play in the Chargers’ exhibition opener, and “there is some doubt” about his availability for the second week of the preseason.
    May not mean much in the long run, but it's a pretty bad coincidence that he's struggling with his back again after getting paid.

Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

Lol!
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 08-09-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Jared Haynesworth...er, Gaither @ it again

you guys realize this goes against what people say about him. that he faked an injury because he didnt want to play RT or wanted a contract... hes their unquestioned LT and he just signed a 4 year deal. if anything its more proof that he had the injury to begin with and even better, more proof that we made the right call by letting him go.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    you guys realize this goes against what people say about him. that he faked an injury because he didnt want to play RT or wanted a contract... hes their unquestioned LT and he just signed a 4 year deal. if anything its more proof that he had the injury to begin with and even better, more proof that we made the right call by letting him go.
    I honestly can't even remember what the issue was with him (I stayed out of the Gaither debates), it's just bad timing that he's suffering with back spasms (which I don't think is what he suffered from here) now.

Blog Entries

He's going to be making 13 million and doesn't have to do jack shit for it lmao, seen this coming a mile away. Such a talented player, and doesn't even want to play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I honestly can't even remember what the issue was with him (I stayed out of the Gaither debates), it's just bad timing that he's suffering with back spasms (which I don't think is what he suffered from here) now.
    Thoradic disc injury... which back spasms are a side effect of or it could be completely unrelated and caused by something else. Didnt mean to group you anything, just that the "faked the injury crowd" used those two reasons as to why he apparently faked his injury. The Lazy and horrible work ethic people are still going, which i dont necessarily disagree with, but that also doesnt mean he faked the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Before this thread gets out of hand, I think we can all agree now that getting rid of him was the right move.

Either ...

He is incorrigibly lazy and getting rid of him was the right move ...

Or ...

He has legit and serious back issues and getting rid of him was the right move.
    even though ive always defended him for truly being injured, this much ive always said. it was time to get rid of him regardless how you feel about his injury. he was good the limited time he played here, and he could have been great if he worked harder but you pay for the future and his was just not worth investing in at the time, and has been proven right regardless.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-09-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Lol. I'm not sure what's worse JaMarcus Russell robbing the Raiders for money or Gaither robbing the Chargers.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Jared Gaither came into the league as a great physical talent who lacked the work ethic necessary to keep his body in top shape. Harbaugh warned him about it, since, as we all know, injuries can pile up when you're not in the best shape. He didn't listen to Harbaugh behind the scenes, so Harbaugh went public.

Aaron Wilson reported that Gaither showed up to 'Mini-Camp', in worse shape than he was in the year before, which wasn't great to begin with. Aaron Wilson also reported that, that day is when the 'switch' was officially announced to both players. I mean, what did you expect Harbaugh and Cameron to do. Gaither was in shitty shape, keep him at LT?

Gaither then suffered a foot injury. Gaither showed up to 'Training Camp', twenty nine pounds lighter than his normal playing weight. Harbaugh made it clear that the playing weight wasn't the problem, so much as it was the way it was put together. Gaither claimed that he lost the weight to take pressure off of his foot. The sudden weight loss proved to be detrimental to his health. Seriously, dropping almost thirty pounds and suddenly trying to take on Terrell Suggs in a sudden collision at training camp?

Consequently, Gaither suffered the disc injury.

Last off-season, both Rosenhaus and Gaither said that the injury had healed and that Gaither was 100%. However, Oakland's doctors wouldn't sign off on him after a visit with them. Then, he tried his luck with KC where he didn't click with Haley, but I can't really knock him for that, because few people actually click with Haley. Then came San Diego, where he had a few good games and San Diego paid him, still, much less than he would have received on the open market if he'd taken his body more seriously.

Now, he hasn't even practiced yet, and not due to precautionary measures. Such as when Harbaugh kept Ngata out, because there is no need to rush Haloti Ngata back.

Meanwhile, during the same off-season, word got out that James Harrison played the 2009 season with two disc injuries and had the surgery during the off-season. It took him a few games into the season before his back fully recovered, but he is now back to his old self.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I read the same thing and think it's evidence he's lazy and has no heart, which was his reputation here.

Now he can take his signing bonus and his future injury settlement and eat cheeseburgers and play X Box. Not a bad life, if you can get it.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

you guys realize this goes against what people say about him. that he faked an injury because he didnt want to play RT or wanted a contract
    How so? People "fake injuries" to get out of practicing. There is more than one reason why players do/would not want to practice. Laziness is one, as is pouting about your contract or position change, etc.

I am a bit shocked that people are so naive as to think there does not exist a subset of professional athletes who do not like or want to practice. And likewise, within that subset, there are those that will loaf at practice and/or fake injuries. This subset includes average, 3rd stringers as well as superstars (who feel they don't "need" practice).

Blog Entries

What's the over/under on how many pages this thread will go?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What's the over/under on how many pages this thread will go?
    5 minimum...