Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 158
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced



    Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    A four-year contract worth a maximum of $24.6 million.
    He got an $8 million signing bonus, and $13.5 million guaranteed.

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...n-to-the-field
    It puts Bryant McKinnie's contract in perspective.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,064
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    He didn't get big starting tackle money but it's still a hell of a lot more than he would have got if he played another position. Shows how few Left Tackles there really are.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He didn't get big starting tackle money but it's still a hell of a lot more than he would have got if he played another position. Shows how few Left Tackles there really are.
    Have you noticed that the Ravens have had a difficult time replacing all of their hall of fame caliber talent. They had yet to replace Ogden or Stover.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #79

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He didn't get big starting tackle money but it's still a hell of a lot more than he would have got if he played another position. Shows how few Left Tackles there really are.
    Gaither played the Chargers pretty good, he looked good enough down the stretch to get his contract and now he's back to being the unmotivated player he's always been.




  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Gaither played the Chargers pretty good, he looked good enough down the stretch to get his contract and now he's back to being the unmotivated player he's always been.
    ....and we all saw it coming. Philip Rivers is going to really be irate when this season starts. Vincent Jackson is in Tampa Bay. Ryan Matthews is on the injury list. Mike Tolbert is in Carolina and he will be lacking a quality LT.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #81

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    ....and we all saw it coming. Philip Rivers is going to really be irate when this season starts. Vincent Jackson is in Tampa Bay. Ryan Matthews is on the injury list. Mike Tolbert is in Carolina and he will be lacking a quality LT.
    Don't forget about WR Vincent Brown breaking his ankle, there was a lot of buzz coming out of San Diego about him breaking out big time this year.




  7. #82

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Pat Kirwan destroyed him on his show on Sirius on Monday. Said this is the same stuff he pulled in Baltimore.

    The word is out on Jared that he's a bad actor and really doesn't want to play.

    I really hope he's hurt because if he's exaggerating to skip practice, he'll never see another real contract as long as he's in the league.




  8. #83

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I really hope he's hurt because if he's exaggerating to skip practice, he'll never see another real contract as long as he's in the league.
    I disagree. As long as he miraculously gets to 100% by the start of the regular season (or likely before the last preseason game), and plays fairly well during the regular season, someone will always offer him a middling-contract (for the position) to play.

    As I said before, no team is going to publicly call him out about faking or exaggerating injuries. They might (likely are) talking to him privately, and maybe forcefully, about the "need" to practice, but they will not accuse him of being a liar/faker. At least not until they cut him, and likely not even then.

    He is 6'9", ~340 lbs, 26 yrs old, and plays pretty well when he gets in the real games. That he could possibly/likely be an All-Pro with real effort doesn't take away from the fact he can be a decent LT with no effort (so far). He seems content with decently paid for no practicing and no real effort. And there will always be a team that will put up with that even if they have to lie to themselves (about whether Jared suddenly is as committed/"healthy" as he says he is).

    If he does not feel "healthy" enough to play in the games, then I agree, he is not long for the league.




  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    You hate to just flat out laugh at the guy, but he should just end it now.

    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=239330&spln=1




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Baltimore should have got a pick for him when they had the chance.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    That lazy bastard. Good for the idiot Chargers, they are going to suck ass this year and Norv will be fired which is long overdue. That GM needs to go as well. Blow up that franchise. Hell, I'd even trade Rivers for a #1, his shelf life is halfway over.




  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Baltimore should have got a pick for him when they had the chance.
    agreed.




  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: Gaither Still hasn't practiced

    I got roasted for saying that I would have taken a two for Gaither.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  14. #89

    Gaither Back Spasms

    Back spasms.....hasn't practiced since July. Same old Gaither. Once he gets his money, he quits.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...gaither-week-1
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gaither Back Spasms

    Damn I don't know what to say about this, is it really a front or does Gaither really have bad back issues?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland