Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: New dem ad smears/lies about mitt killing woman

http://mediamatters.org/research/201...s-nonpa/189206

Its pretty widely accepted as nonpartisan.

As to the Fox News comments, Sting said they were unsubstantiated. I simply backed my point up.

Silver Spoon Comment:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OXEdtyZtW6I

Death Panels:
    I assume you're talking about the Independent Payment Advisory Board, whose purpose, and I quote is to:

"By Jan 1, 2015, and at least every other year thereafter, the IPAB will submit recommendations to slow the growth in national health care expenditures while preserving or enhancing quality of care."

How is that a death panel?

Gas Prices:

Do you remember gas prices dropping like a month ago? Do you know what caused that?

DOMA:
    http://equalitymatters.org/factcheck/201102240002

Also, as far as projection, I've clearly read everything that people have to say, so how am I projecting?

Your response to the Brookings Institute being liberal is an article from Media Matters?

You do know they are liberal too, right?

Ok, I think I see what's going on here. I was just like you once. I thought that everything that came down from AEI, Cato, Media Research Center, etc was the end all of the debate and that it was "facts".

You need to read past the headlines and understand where these groups come from and get their funding.

It would be like me linking to to the American Enterprise Institute, saying these were the facts about the Ryan plan. That's their take on it, not facts. Just like it's the opinion of the TPC, not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Your response to the Brookings Institute being liberal is an article from Media Matters?

You do know they are liberal too, right?
    You do know what sourcing is right? Did you read the page at all?

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    You do know what sourcing is right? Did you read the page at all?
    Read my edit.

Blog Entries

Death Panels:
    I assume you're talking about the Independent Payment Advisory Board, whose purpose, and I quote is to:

"By Jan 1, 2015, and at least every other year thereafter, the IPAB will submit recommendations to slow the growth in national health care expenditures while preserving or enhancing quality of care."

How is that a death panel?
    How do you propose they slow the growth?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    How do you propose they slow the growth?
    I have no idea, and it's not my job. But let me put down some cool stuff from the Advisory board's mandate:

According to official records, the proposals made by IPAB should not include any recommendation to ration health care, raise revenues or increase Medicare beneficiary premiums, increase Medicare beneficiary cost sharing (deductibles, coinsurance, or co-payments), or otherwise restrict benefits or modify eligibility criteria.

Blog Entries

I have no idea, and it's not my job. But let me put down some cool stuff from the Advisory board's mandate:

According to official records, the proposals made by IPAB should not include any recommendation to ration health care, raise revenues or increase Medicare beneficiary premiums, increase Medicare beneficiary cost sharing (deductibles, coinsurance, or co-payments), or otherwise restrict benefits or modify eligibility criteria.
    I think you need to read up on the IPAB a little more.

BTW - Why is it the Left/Dem's etc. always tell us the way to improve education is to spend more, but the way to improve the healthcare system is to cut cost? How do you do both?

I think you need to read up on the IPAB a little more.

BTW - Why is it the Left/Dem's etc. always tell us the way to improve education is to spend more, but the way to improve the healthcare system is to cut cost? How do you do both?
    Mainly because the public education system is fairly awful in this country, with lack of skilled teachers and resources. Can you really argue that healthcare costs aren't ridiculously high? That our system in its current form is working?

After all, we spend more per capita on healthcare than just about any other developed nation.

Blog Entries

Mainly because the public education system is fairly awful in this country, with lack of skilled teachers and resources. Can you really argue that healthcare costs aren't ridiculously high? That our system in its current form is working?
    I didn't say that cost aren't high. I asked how you cut cost and also improve healthcare

After all, we spend more per capita on healthcare than just about any other developed nation.
    Is there another country that has better healthcare than we do?

I didn't say that cost aren't high. I asked how you cut cost and also improve healthcare

Is there another country that has better healthcare than we do?
    Healthcare costs are as high as they are for a number of reasons. You want to lower healthcare costs? Start with Tort Reform. Too much of healthcare is about covering your ass these days. Malpractice drives up costs.

Also, the question of "better" healthcare is intensely subjective. How would you quantify or qualify "better"?

Blog Entries

Healthcare costs are as high as they are for a number of reasons. You want to lower healthcare costs? Start with Tort Reform. Too much of healthcare is about covering your ass these days. Malpractice drives up costs.
    Agreed. But I would not empower an unelected board of bureaucrats that "should not" propose rationing care, but ultimately can and years down the road (as I understand it) Congress has no control over the panel.

Also, the question of "better" healthcare is intensely subjective. How would you quantify or qualify "better"?
    There would be several ways, almost too many so I'll ask you if you think there is a country that has better quality healthcare than we do.