Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,037
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OT: CB Joe Haden facing 4-game suspension



    Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    I thought I read that first offense under the drug testing policy was 4 weeks suspension.
    Second 8 weeks and third a year?
    It used to be the 1st was a warning and not made public, 2nd was 4 games and 3rd a year. They could have changed it with the new CBA but I have not read or heard anything about it being more punitive than in the past.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #32

    Re: OT: CB Joe Haden facing 4-game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It used to be the 1st was a warning and not made public, 2nd was 4 games and 3rd a year. They could have changed it with the new CBA but I have not read or heard anything about it being more punitive than in the past.
    That's the way it is for the drug and alcohol policy - no suspension until 2nd offense.

    For the "performance enhancing" drug policy, it's an automatic (first time offense) 4-game suspension.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,346
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT: CB Joe Haden facing 4-game suspension

    Thank you for clearing that up.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506
    Thanks Ravor. Didn't know the two were different.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,037
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: OT: CB Joe Haden facing 4-game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    That's the way it is for the drug and alcohol policy - no suspension until 2nd offense.

    For the "performance enhancing" drug policy, it's an automatic (first time offense) 4-game suspension.
    gotcha. Didn't realize they were separate.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  6. #36

    Re: OT: CB Joe Haden facing 4-game suspension

    It should be noted that a lot of times lately the players agent will "leak" the story that it was "just adderal, a prescription see how unfair it is for my client", when in reality he tested positive for something else.

    The NFL due to privacy policies are not allowed to comment on any drug suspensions, so the agent and player are free to say/make up whatever they want to put their client in the best light after a failed test. NFL can't say a damn thing even if they know the player/agent is lying through their teeth.

    Pretty much every single suspension the past few years has been blamed on "prescription adderal", but amazingly only two have been reduced.

    Kind of convenient IMO.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,812

    Re: OT: CB Joe Haden facing 4-game suspension

    i get what your saying, if they reduce one, theyd reduce them all, or just ban for the three instead of four from the get go. So obv some havent been the same drug as others, yet they have all claimed it to be
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    It should be noted that a lot of times lately the players agent will "leak" the story that it was "just adderal, a prescription see how unfair it is for my client", when in reality he tested positive for something else.

    The NFL due to privacy policies are not allowed to comment on any drug suspensions, so the agent and player are free to say/make up whatever they want to put their client in the best light after a failed test. NFL can't say a damn thing even if they know the player/agent is lying through their teeth.

    Pretty much every single suspension the past few years has been blamed on "prescription adderal", but amazingly only two have been reduced.

    Kind of convenient IMO.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland