Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Plax back in black-n-yellow?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-the-burgh/

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger surely would welcome it, and Burress could provide an interesting complement to the rest of the team’s receivers.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Plax back in black-n-yellow?

For some reason, I don't believe that the Steelers would seriously consider this. At least, I think they would wait to see more of what they have from Sanders and see if Burress' price goes down. Still, I don't think they would do it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Apparently they already have, but he's asking for too much $$$.

Blog Entries

plaxico could possibly be the best red zone WR in the game, even at his age. Look at Sanchez's ability in the redzone that didnt match his ability anywhere else. I think Plaxico had more to do with that than anything. its really the only area their offense excelled. I wouldnt want him on the steelers as thats the only thing theyre really lacking in their corps at the moment.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Ben was trying to get the Steelers to sign Plax last year as well. Plax has a big problem with back taxes so he'll eventually lower his price because he needs a job

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    plaxico could possibly be the best red zone WR in the game, even at his age. Look at Sanchez's ability in the redzone that didnt match his ability anywhere else. I think Plaxico had more to do with that than anything. its really the only area their offense excelled. I wouldnt want him on the steelers as thats the only thing theyre really lacking in their corps at the moment.
    This is why I'd give him a long hard look. We need help in the RZ. Bad.

Heard his interview on NFL Radio the other day. He said at least 2 teams were interested in him.

I'm really surprised he's not back with the Jets, unless they blame him for some of the "anonymous" player quotes from last year. They need him back in a bad way, IMO.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Heard his interview on NFL Radio the other day. He said at least 2 teams were interested in him.

I'm really surprised he's not back with the Jets, unless they blame him for some of the "anonymous" player quotes from last year. They need him back in a bad way, IMO.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post

:word

And their current receivers really are a bunch of massively unproven guys behind Holmes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    :word

And their current receivers really are a bunch of massively unproven guys behind Holmes.
    ... and apparently antonio cormartie is their #2. Id say call Plax back even if he was the anonymous quotes, he wasnt exactly lying anyway.
    -JAB

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

[in my best, most sincere SunSpot posting voice]

Ozzie should offer Pitt Streeter, Jacoby Jones and Anthony Allen for Burress, Max Starks and a 2nd rounder in 2013. That way Pitt gets receiving depth and a great back-up RB, and the Ravens would get the veteran WR experience they need from a straight-shooter like Plaxico, depth on the O-line, and a decent draft pick for the future, plus they would save $7 million in CAP space.

Blog Entries

I find it odd that T.O., Moss, Braylon Edwards and other receivers are playing but Plax still can't get someone to sign him for the vet minimum.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!