Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

I doubt the Kicker is decided until we get through some preseason games. Game situations are tough to simulate for Kickers.

Jones is a lock for the 3rd WR spot. The interview that Flacco gave on Sirius confirmed it in my mind. He talked about the need for speed at WR and how Jones was brought in to give them that. He's not just the returner. Jacoby Jones will be the 3rd WR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    I can see JJ getting the #3 already due to his intangibles, but in no way can they say Cundiff has that job.
    Agree, but I'd phrase it differently

I can see Jacoby (JJ has to earn Jarret Johnson's moniker) getting the #3 already due to the signing bonus he got.
    Now he may lose it or be beaten out (hopefully someone really excells), I don't think there was any doubt when he was signed that #3 was put on a silver platter for him and is his to lose only by dropping it. (or more accurately by dropping).
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Don't forget that two years ago a lot of talking heads presumed Shayne Graham would win the job due to the larger financial commitment the Ravens made to him and his experience. Cundiff won the job after performing better and I can see it happening again with Tucker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Don't forget that two years ago a lot of talking heads presumed Shayne Graham would win the job due to the larger financial commitment the Ravens made to him and his experience. Cundiff won the job after performing better and I can see it happening again with Tucker.
    Good point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

I can see Jacoby (JJ has to earn Jarret Johnson's moniker) getting the #3 already due to the signing bonus he got.
    Now he may lose it or be beaten out (hopefully someone really excells), I don't think there was any doubt when he was signed that #3 was put on a silver platter for him and is his to lose only by dropping it. (or more accurately by dropping).
    Nobody is beating him out because he is the 3rd best WR on the team. He has had a good camp from all accounts, so I think the money thing should be put to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post

I'm with you on him being Jacoby and not JJ (I was lazy).

He can definately lose that spot and the Ravens haven't named him that anyway, but he is 6'2" 220 pounds with some jumping ability and can fly. We haven't had that in ages.

He's also in year six, so really (and if he has one), we are getting him in his prime.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    this is the scenario i was trying to remember but couldnt remember who all was involved. iirc it was very similar with graham performing ok, but cundiff performing better and it worked out well for us that year.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yesterday they had a rushed game tying FG scenario from I think 50 yards and Cundiff missed his.
    Seriously? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Seriously? Ugh.
    Seriously, what kind of kicker doesn't make a rushed 50 yarder 100% of the time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Seeing those kids in the olympics makes me think it's better to be young and dumb, and not realize the magnitude of it all, rather than be older and thinking of past mistakes...
    I really think you have something here. All things being equal, perhaps Cundiff will be thinking about that 32 yard miss the next time he's called upon to win a playoff game, while Tucker will have a blank slate as a mind-set... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nobody is beating him out because he is the 3rd best WR on the team. He has had a good camp from all accounts, so I think the money thing should be put to rest.
    This x100. Jones won't be the third WR because of his money, he will be the third WR because he deserves it.

If the Ravens cut Tucker he will be picked up by another team and he will haunt the Ravens for the next 15 years. Cundiff will be an average kicker and the Ravens will be looking to replace him by the start of next season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Tucker proves that he's too good to ignore.