Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 73 to 82 of 82
  1. #73

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He wasn't brought in here to be a possession guy though. He was brought in here because they needed another speed guy to line up opposite of Torrey to clear out coverage underneath for Boldin, Dickson, Pitta, and Rice.

    Make no mistake about it, this offense is still going to be run through Rice. That's how Cam runs his offense. Having two speed guys to take away the safeties and corners does a lot for opening up the underneath. All Jacoby has to do is catch one or two deep passes and make the defense pay attention to him.

    I don't like his inconsistent hands either, but if he can open things up underneath for Boldin, the TE's, and Rice, then it will be a good thing.

    So it's well documented that I (and the rest of you) are more imaginative than Cammie, but IF, however, we DO implement the no-huddle* then I would like to see a nice decoy package at some point with R2 lining up as the lone wide-out opposite a bunch formation, or more conventionally in the slot opposite Q. We actually saw this (i.e., R2 out wide in a 4 WR set) in PS'10.


    *Hell I'm so confident that we will, I'm adopting the "NH" abbreviation already




  2. #74

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if you have a guy that can get behind the defense and they dont respect it and leave him open thats just asking for it. Even if he drops it once or twice theyll still have to respect it because if he does catch it, its a TD vs the underneath stuff hed be going after instead being less likely of scoring. Speed has to be respected regardless, especially with Joes arm.
    Agreed....and the NH would amplify this quite a bit.




  3. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,172
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if you have a guy that can get behind the defense and they dont respect it and leave him open thats just asking for it. Even if he drops it once or twice theyll still have to respect it because if he does catch it, its a TD vs the underneath stuff hed be going after instead being less likely of scoring. Speed has to be respected regardless, especially with Joes arm.
    Speed also draws pass interference flags. Torrey Smith caused the most pass interference yards last season.




  4. #76

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Speed also draws pass interference flags. Torrey Smith caused the most pass interference yards last season.
    true, many ways you can be an effective part of the offense without even catching the ball.
    -JAB




  5. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,102
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

    Wicked actually brings up a good point. The kicker could have called timeout if he wanted to. Couldn't he?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,172
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Wicked actually brings up a good point. The kicker could have called timeout if he wanted to. Couldn't he?
    Any player on the field can call a timeout. Assistant coaches or players on the sidelines cannot call a timeout. Of course the head coach can call a timeout also.




  7. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Any player on the field can call a timeout. Assistant coaches or players on the sidelines cannot call a timeout. Of course the head coach can call a timeout also.
    Rex Ryan called an infamous one a few years ago that cost us the game against the Pats.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,102
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Rex Ryan called an infamous one a few years ago that cost us the game against the Pats.
    Billick took the heat for him, to an extent, only for Rex to stab in the back that same season, as documented in Rex's book.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  9. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,172
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Rex Ryan called an infamous one a few years ago that cost us the game against the Pats.
    It was a recent rule change that assistants can't call timeouts now.




  10. #82

    Re: #3 WR and kicker already decided?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It was a recent rule change that assistants can't call timeouts now.
    i dont believe it was legal than either... for some reason it was allowed and iirc it was another "refs out to get us" thread.
    -JAB




Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland